Material Design Theme Colors

Material Design Theme Colors


Material Design Theme Colors

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 04:21 PM PST

How to cover the lag of starting a camera activity?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 10:24 PM PST

In my app, you can press a button to scan a QR code. This spawns our own QR activity, which uses a CameraSource and SurfaceView to display camera input and scan it for codes.

On slower devices, there's a noticeable lag between pressing the button and the QR activity appearing. I think this time is spent opening the camera and binding it to the SurfaceView, which is done in onResume(), before starting to animate the activity in.

The lag is just long enough that you wonder whether the button press worked (although it uses the material ripple).

What are good options to prevent this user confusion?

  • Speed up the camera init: I don't think this is feasible under the circumstances.
  • Display a loading overlay on the previous activity: Feels weird. It's not that expensive an operation.
  • Accept that slow devices have worse usability: Possibly.
  • Tweak the lifecycle calls so that the camera starts after the activity is displayed: Feasible, but I'd need to re-read the docs. I've spent a while ensuring that permissions and permission prompts are handled correctly in 23+ (which mostly means checking in onResume()), and I'm wary of breaking that.
submitted by /u/neon_lines
[link] [comments]

Need help figuring out how to implement sign out and revoke access function from multiple activities.

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 10:50 PM PST

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to do the following (Sorry for not changing the title.. I accidentally submitted the post before checking the title):

  1. Allow the user logon in one activity, then sign out/revoke account access in another activity (say inside a navigation drawer), this isn't using the Google Plus API either, it is just using the standard API with a Google Drive scope. This is the main thing I'm having trouble with
  2. On a click of a button (which I have already gotten to this point), make the app open the system lock screen unlock settings (where it is at when you set your unlock style to none like many lockscreen apps do)
    1. Open accessibility and other access toggles with a click of a button

Pardon my lack of knowledge surrounding this.. I am still pretty new to Android and slowly picking up as I have the time to do so. My code is here.

submitted by /u/XNovaViperX
[link] [comments]

Indeterminate CheckBox and RadioButton library

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 12:03 AM PST

Will Android do for the IoT what it did for mobile?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 05:21 PM PST

[Library] Untriggered: Set CompoundButtons checked state without being so triggered

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 10:33 PM PST

Shopping for Frameworks

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 09:38 PM PST

Is there anyone from the Google Play Review Team lurking here?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 10:13 PM PST

I have a question regarding an app that (I believe) was improperly suspended. Is there anyone here from the review team that I can PM to see how we can work this out?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/aeflw
[link] [comments]

What Should we Unit Test? · Philosophical Hacker

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 05:20 PM PST

Android App with Accessibility

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 04:16 PM PST

I have an app idea, but don't know if it would be possible, and would love some input. My idea is a background app to auto-press one of the app notification action buttons for another app (ie for Messanger, reply or call back, or gmail, archive) whenever the notification appears. Looking at the accessibility services, I can send touch input on behalf of a user, and I can get a list of notifications, but I don't know if I could call the notification action.

Any ideas? Thanks

submitted by /u/midwestresume
[link] [comments]

Library for mutli-view apps with drawer in Android Studio?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 01:46 PM PST

Just like the title asks, is there a library for Android Studio that makes multi-view apps easier to develop or simpler? Right now I am using a drawer template with fragment layouts. It is honestly getting really annoying and sloppy. Is there a library that can make this easier and faster? If not, can I have a link to some good resource learning material for my issue? On how to set this up properly.

submitted by /u/sooon_mitch
[link] [comments]

Android library Blade got an update 2.6.0 - support for custom de/serialization

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 09:14 AM PST

The android library Blade got an update to version 2.6.0. (CHANGELOG)

You can now specify a class parameter to @Arg, @Extra and @State annotations. This allows you to implement a custom serialization and deserialization.

To find out more, please check out the Blade wiki.

submitted by /u/F3roG
[link] [comments]

Have an idea that involves an app making a background fetch to an API and notifying the user when a value is a certain value, possible?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 12:13 PM PST

So I have an API and I want the app to make a request to the API once per day to check if a value is true or false essentially and if it is ping a notification.

I don't want to host a push notification service so I wanted to know if Android apps have the capabilities to request when the apps aren't open or in use.

I know this is an issue for iOS which is why I ask.

submitted by /u/bustyLaserCannon
[link] [comments]

Anyone done some agent oriented programming for Android?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 09:35 AM PST

Hi, searched for this, nothing came up. Wondering if anyone has some experience with agent oriented programming for Android (or Java), and which framework would be the best. Dug up JaCa for Android and JADE for Java, is it any good?Thanks

submitted by /u/Cicko24
[link] [comments]

Dragable pics

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 09:10 AM PST

What is the package/class/method I need to use to create dragable pictures in android studio?

submitted by /u/ShaunXLikeMalcolm
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »