App Feedback Thread - December 31, 2016

App Feedback Thread - December 31, 2016


App Feedback Thread - December 31, 2016

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 04:08 AM PST

This thread is for getting feedback on your own apps. Please adhere to the following rules:

Developers:

  • must make top level comment
  • must include Play Store, GitHub, or BitBucket link
  • must make effort to respond to questions and feedback from commenters
  • may be open or closed source

Commenters:

  • must give constructive feedback in replies to top level comments
  • must not include links to other apps

We encourage all developers who are promoting themselves to provide feedback for other apps posted here. A give and take system benefits us all.

To cut down on spam, accounts who are too young or do not have enough karma to post may be filtered pending manual approval.

As always, the mod team is only a small group of people, and we rely on the readers to help us maintain this subreddit. Please report any rule breakers. Thank you.

- Da Mods

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Droidcon NYC 2016 - Stealing the Web’s Best Feature

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 02:38 PM PST

What do you look at to ensure compatibility when updating support libraries?

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 09:21 PM PST

For instance if I were to update from

 com.android.support:design:23.1.1 

to version 25.1.0 would I just update and hope it compiles/passes units tests? Or is there stuff I should be looking at before making the update? For instance if any methods I used have been changed or something.

Thanks

submitted by /u/skytbest
[link] [comments]

MusicDNA - A Music Player like no other

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 04:04 AM PST

Should I add Facebook Login?

Posted: 01 Jan 2017 12:26 AM PST

I am developing an app which shows photos from a photography group on Facebook. It works with login and without login as well. The only extra things login would give is the ability to like, comment and post a Photo. I came to know that Facebook has disabled posting a like using user access token. So now a user can only comment and post. Is it worth adding Facebook login at startup and give comment ability, or should I request it only when a user wants to post. Also, do you think liking would be enabled again?

submitted by /u/dJones176
[link] [comments]

Do you use your Github primarily as a resume (CV), or more of a cloud storage/working space?

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 08:24 AM PST

I'm starting to dive into Android development and right now my Github is a bit of a mess. There's some stuff I definitely need to clean up, but it got me thinking about this question.

Do you use your Github account solely for finished or at least minimally viable projects? Or do you have things there that are still very much in development and are using Github as a place to track and save your work?

Thanks

submitted by /u/skytbest
[link] [comments]

Hello. I am setting up test-framework for my android application. Can you please share the common practices, architectures and tools you use or follow for your test application for your app that will help ?

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 04:04 AM PST

I'm a full-stack developer who is trying to learn android , I have a question ?

Posted: 31 Dec 2016 12:22 PM PST

so I'm trying to map technologies to there corresponding ones

basically xml would map to html & css

My question is what does java map to ??

as far as I can tell is that the back-end for android is pretty much the same as the back-end for websites . is it equivalent to javaScript ?

submitted by /u/eid-a
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »