"This app can damage your device, add hidden charges to your mobile bill, or steal your personal information"

"This app can damage your device, add hidden charges to your mobile bill, or steal your personal information"


"This app can damage your device, add hidden charges to your mobile bill, or steal your personal information"

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 11:42 AM PST

So recently i've started getting this pop up when trying to install certain apps, and it's really getting on my nerves. I have the unknown sources thing unchecked, and it didn't do this before. Also, it's saying all these things but the app says that it requires no special permissions, so how could it even detect it? What is the cause of this? And can I turn it off?

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/FVnBuGO

submitted by /u/frogzx
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to stop web pages from jumping around on the screen as content continues to load?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:31 PM PST

We all know how it goes. You go to click a link and suddenly the screen shifts because some ad or comment section or something loads at that moment and you end up tapping something else. Hasn't anybody come up with a browser or plug-in that locks you into your current view until you initiate scrolling yourself?

submitted by /u/Guasco_Cock
[link] [comments]

How does one find out the passwords to saved wifi hotspots on your device without rooting?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 06:23 AM PST

So my company put my phone on the wifi for me without telling me the password and I'd like to share it with one of my colleagues. I tried the method with ES explorer and found the wpa conf file but it doesn't show the passwords? Anyone know how to do this? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6.

submitted by /u/AHeatedIceCube
[link] [comments]

Just purchased a Pixel C from Google. Did I make a huge mistake?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 01:06 PM PST

I thought I had done my research. I thought I had read all of the reviews, all of the writeups, all of the "VS" articles. But alas, that is not so.

I just purchased a Pixel C today to replace my Nexus 10 that died a few days ago. I used my Nexus 10 as a laptop at work as it had a ton of awesome IT apps that were very useful in my job as system administrator. Plus, I could remote desktop into any of my work VM's using VMWare Horizon View and have a regular Windows desktop anytime I needed one.

My problem is that right after I hit order, I jumped into a conversation with a friend of mine who said I paid too much and that there are a ton of other tablet's out there that are cheaper for what I want to do and that I am a Googlepheliac and paid for the name on a crap product.

I don't know how much I want to believe him with as many good reviews, but he also said paying $499 for this tablet 7 months ago would have been ok. Now it's too late in it's life cycle and I should have just waited a few more months for better options.

I'm just wondering what everyone here thinks. Did I just make a mistake and instead of saving my money for a new tablet in 2017 I spent $499 on something that I will need to replace in months instead of years?

submitted by /u/Skullpuck
[link] [comments]

Help Rooting kindle fire

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 09:06 AM PST

I received a kindle fire for xmas, and while I like it in theory and having a small tablet, it's full of bloatware and the setup is clunky and unnatural and covered in ads. Can I root it and turn it into an android (like my phone basically, without calling capabilities)with a play store and its apps and such? I know it can be done, but I don't know how I'd go about doing this. Are there step by step instructions somewhere for someone like me with limited knowledge of computers and operating systems? If not, I would even be willing to pay someone to do it for me, (provided they could prove they know what they're doing) or to show me how (via Skype or email or however). I basically want my $40 kindle fire to be turned into an android tablet to surf reddit, watch youtube and hbogo and look at Instagram and stuff.

submitted by /u/abexaem
[link] [comments]

So, what's your experience with running an AOSP rom + Gapps faker (microG)?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 12:11 PM PST

I'm considering making the switch to this, but I need to know; does the battery life improve at all?

Or is it barely noticable?

submitted by /u/iHateSn0w
[link] [comments]

How do I add start and stop times on the Music app?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 03:48 PM PST

On itunes I have start and stop times for certain tracks that have a long intro or long ending. I set the times and they would transfer over to my music app on ios.

However I copied my music from itunes onto my s5 and the times did not transfer over? What do I need to do?

submitted by /u/1tossawayplz
[link] [comments]

Random apps appearing

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 03:38 PM PST

Hello all, trying to figure out how random apps are being installed on my Samsung S7. The phone has been factory reset, stock android 6.0.1, never rooted. I have NOT logged into any google accounts, only account is an exchange email account for email, contacts, and calendar. Apps that have appeared include Starbucks, mobile strike, a candy game, and a credit card app. I have installed f-droid with a few productivity apps, but still no games. The phone has only been connected to my home WiFi, cell service isn't active yet. Thank you for any help.

submitted by /u/alowdev376
[link] [comments]

somehow two whatsapp accounts have merged into one. Any help

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 09:31 AM PST

so my own phone died and i was permitted to use my mom's phone with my sim card for a short while. Instead of reinstalling whatsapp which i should have done i simply changed numbers in whatsapp setting to match mine.

at this point i could access my chats but also my mom's.

now that i got a new phone to use, i installed whatsapp but it reacted as if it was a brand new whatsapp account. My chats don't synchronize at all.

On the other hand my mom's phone with her sim card keeps synchronising my chats, even though i have already removed my google account from my phone and changed numbers back in the settings.

any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/CarlJenko
[link] [comments]

GS7 Random App installation

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 03:29 PM PST

So I turned my Galaxy S7 phone (Verizon Wireless is my carrier) on this morning and all of a sudden the screen zooms to the first open space in my launcher and up pops the Yahoo Mail app, I didn't install this app, and when I go to check it out I find 4 other apps that have just somehow installed themselves on my phone. I'm a bit paranoid over security so I've been searching all day to find the cause of this but come to no avail :/

I do NOT have the less secure sources option checked, yet when I go to look at my apps in the Google play store I don't see any of the new rogue apps, so it's safe to assume they weren't installed from there, and they were fully installed to the point that I had to go into my settings in order to uninstall. Also, the Yahoo mail app for some reason couldn't just be installed from the home screen, the uninstall option just wasn't there ( I use the Google now launcher ) and that was the only app to actually appear there, the rest were just somehow hanging out in in my app drawer.

I really don't think I have malware, I did a couple scans with avast but found nothing and would really just like some advice. If I have to reset my device to be safe so be it, I just really hate going through the motions.

Also the apps that were installed (they're all uninstalled now) are

  • Drop Assault
  • news republic
  • Yahoo mail
  • App finder
  • Z Camera

Lastly, this was strange but I couldn't even find the "App Finder" application in the Play Store...

submitted by /u/8bitmantra
[link] [comments]

Netflix app will not work using wifi

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 07:41 AM PST

So I have a nexus 5x, at&t home wifi, and the Netflix app. When I am on wifi the Netflix app will not load, it will just be stuck on the loading screen for 15 minutes. When it gets into the home screen it will take another 15 mins to load my queue. BUT when I turn off my wifi and use my project fi LTE connection the Netflix app loads immediately and works perfectly. This is the only app that does this on my wifi. Hulu and HBO go work perfectly on my wifi.

Anyway to fix this? Is at&t purposely nerfing netflix with their wifi?

submitted by /u/mhardy8787
[link] [comments]

Ads keep appearing on my lockscreen (Google pixel). Is this a virus/adware? If so, how can I remove this?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 03:11 PM PST

Here is a link to a screenshot of what it looks like - http://i.imgur.com/nOXdcpP.png

Seems to happen everytime I lock my phone. Just started happening today. I ran Avast and Malwarebytes and did not get any results.

Has anybody seen this before or have advice for removing it?

submitted by /u/Bassheadx
[link] [comments]

Changing Tablet OS to Android, please help.

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 11:19 AM PST

So I was gifted a Windows 10 tablet and I tried getting used to the OS but I simply can´t. I have no idea how and my google searches have come up with sketchy content to say the least. Can anyone help me with a step by step or a trusty site that explains how to change the OS?

If it helps, the tablet is from a fairly unknown company called Telefunken. The specs are listed here: http://www.astorwarehouse.com/tlf-7c-tablet-windows

Sorry for it being in spanish.

submitted by /u/cilvetis
[link] [comments]

Reddit app problem

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:54 PM PST

Just recently got a new Samsung Tab S2 and I'm having a problem with the reddit app. I scroll down about ~50 links on my front page and then there's just a "loading" symbol that goes and goes and no new content ever appears. I've only ever browsed Reddit on iPhone and pc. Is this common on android/Samsung? Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/shermanhelms
[link] [comments]

Question about Moto Z

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:42 PM PST

I have seen that the Moto Z comes with a bumper out of the box. I wonder, is it possible to use this bumper and also the style shell? What about the bumper and a power pack? If not, is there anyway to protect the phone while using the moto snaps?

submitted by /u/alexsanderfr
[link] [comments]

[NeedAdvice] What are the best USB chargers I can get for a Samsung Galaxy S4?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:36 PM PST

Right now I'm looking at the Anker cords + Anker Charger but I'm not sure if this combo worth the price. Is this top of the line?

If there's anything cheaper that's still has a quality build, I'd rather pay less money.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

submitted by /u/HilltopHood
[link] [comments]

Decent email client for Gmail and another IMAP account?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:32 PM PST

For some reason my stock email app refuses to connect to the Google servers when I'm on WiFi (no problem on mobile data). So I need an alternative.

Gmail doesn't support IMAP push, Inbox doesn't support non-Gmail accounts (right?), Blue/Type, Aqua, Cloud magic, Outlook all seem to have email analytics and/or store my credentials on their servers as far as I understand? (the IMAP account is my work email), Nine doesn't support Gmail, and K9 would be good if it wasn't butt-ugly and offered better navigation (I checked a box that set activate gestures or something like that, but couldn't find out what it actually did).

Sooo... Is there any decent mail app that I missed? My stock mail app is driving me insane, I wouldn't even need anything else from what it offers.

submitted by /u/allesfliesst
[link] [comments]

My Idol 3 5.5 said it was gonna format my SD card to "optimize performance" on the cellphone but now it doesn't recognize it and neither does my computer

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:22 PM PST

I put it in a SD card reader and it doesn't even pop up as E:

The hell happened?

submitted by /u/ArchangelPT
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to leave Android to Google and OEMs have full control of specs, design and manufacturing?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:49 AM PST

Would this idea work? Wouldn't it be great if all OEM released all their phones with stock Android along their own branded store? Google should have full control of Android and OEMs will have full control of the design, specs and marketing of their products.

For example, Samsung could realise the Galaxy S8 on stock Android. The owner/user can then select and install/flash apps, frameworks, themes and tweaks from Samsung's dedicated store app. It would allow users to customise their phones to exactly how they want it not, how Samsung thinks the user experience should be.

I understand the importance for OEM to standout from their Android competitors but I think this could be an idea to speed up OTA updates.

submitted by /u/Osaka_1983
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to get an iOS ir blaster to Work on android

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 02:04 PM PST

I bought an I blaster on amazon [Here](IR Remote Control, JAKCOM® i2L 3.5mm Apple Devices Special LED Light Smart Controller for iPhone iPad and Touch (Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DISPU2I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6VSAybHCXVNNQ) and was wondering if there was any way to get it to get it to work on an android phone that doesn't have one built in. An app would be best but an adapter would work also. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Herobrineajb
[link] [comments]

What is the best RSS feeder app for Android?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 01:39 PM PST

The app has to be able to let you import feeds.

Also it must let you have unlimited feeds for free.

submitted by /u/Musichead2468
[link] [comments]

lenovo a7000 formated my sd card, need help with recovery

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 06:06 AM PST

hello, id like to ask you for help the new android wanted me to format my 16gb sd card so i did, but had issues with my lenovo a7000 phone, had to recover it to factory setting and it asked me to format it again. i said to myself well, okay, but first i need photos and stuff out of it, but it wouldnt let me to even open it, so i tried to format it again and use photo rec but it wont find any of the stuff i had in there. its really important to get the photos back, but im not tech type and im quite stupid, so if anyone has a solution for me id be very happy thank you

submitted by /u/ovaranae
[link] [comments]

Could a charitable soul help me out figuring this mess (partitionning, moving / linking apps to SD, etc.)?

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 12:55 PM PST

My son received this Acer Tablet (B1-770, running 5.0.1). Fast forward a couple of months, the disk space ran out and I got him a SD. I rooted the thing and installed Apps2SD, naively thinking it would be an easy task.

I'm pretty sure my biggest error was the partitionning. Not really knowing what I was shooting for, I created a big fat32 partition (~25Gb) and a small ext4 (4gb). (see here).

The situation, now, is the tablet is still full (I can't install anything), can't even take a picture and the SD card is almost empty.

I tried moving to SD and linking to SD. Both seemed to have a limited effect since I gained some space but not that much.

Can (should) I re-partition?

Without loosing everything?

The tablet is exclusively used for playing little game (he's 7 years old). He uses a limited account and doen't have a Google account.

What should I do?

Thanks all!!

submitted by /u/6mon1
[link] [comments]

Anyway to turn off casting? [Galaxy S7, TMobile]

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 09:08 AM PST

Hello everybody, so recently I've had a few close calls with almost hitting that stupid cast button. The one where you can make the phone show up on the TV. Casting my phone to the living room TV where all my family is usually at can be pretty bad, if you imagine a certain set of circumstances. Is there any way to make it permenantly go away?

submitted by /u/hcipap
[link] [comments]

DCB, Play store

Posted: 02 Jan 2017 06:29 AM PST

Can anyone living in India set up their sim to play store for DCB on airtel?

submitted by /u/Joyqe
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »