Can't use Android Pay

Can't use Android Pay


Can't use Android Pay

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 11:19 AM PDT

I have a Nexus 6P on 7.0, but I had this issue on 6.0.1. too. I can add cards just fine, bu whenever I try to make a purchase, it just prompts me for my PIN/Fingerprint, so I enter that and tap my phone again, and again get prompted. This happens every single time.

I was rooted, but even after fully unrooting, I have the same problem.

submitted by /u/MajorNoodles
[link] [comments]

Are sms still used somewhere?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:51 AM PDT

I mean, here on reddit i've seen a lot of people talking about sms clients and how textra is the best.

But is there anybody who still uses sms more than an i.m. app? (For example I'm from Italy and here everyone uses whatsapp, sms are just a plan b when you don't have 3g network)

submitted by /u/Feresd96
[link] [comments]

Rooting Android Nougat? [Nexus 5x]

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 11:40 AM PDT

Is it harder to root my Nexus 5x now?

submitted by /u/thebunnybullet
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S6 (No internet connection message)

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:14 PM PDT

I have a 64gb Samsung Galaxy S6 with Verizon (Android version 6.0.1). In the last couple days my phone constantly shows he popup message "No internet connection." It does this whether I am connected to Wifi or mobile data. Additionally it will disconnect and reconnect to my Wifi network when I am using it. I do not lose internet connectivity as a user when these messages popup (at least it isn't apparent). I would say the frequency would be every 30 seconds or so when I am using my phone. Anyone seen anything similar or have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!!!!

submitted by /u/Napalmi
[link] [comments]

Help with best backup method ( about to root and mod)

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 12:22 PM PDT

hey all, I have a s7edge and I am going to root for the first time and install a rom and I want to be super safe. for a clean non rooted android phone whats the best way to backup so I can go back to stock factory in the future if anything goes wrong?

submitted by /u/MishaKMusic
[link] [comments]

Should I buy a phone this year, or wait until next year to buy one?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 03:47 PM PDT

I've been thinking of buying the Oneplus 3 this year, but seeing the technological advancements this year such a new batteries, I'm wondering if I should wait until next year to buy a new phone. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/ImpersonatingRooster
[link] [comments]

My Nexus 6 keeps turning off its wifi hotspot every 30 seconds or so. How do I stop that?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 09:44 AM PDT

At first, I thought it was my Chromebook's problem but then I actually started seeing the toggle switch on my hotspot going off and back on again with the little "Turning off/on hotspot..." message. What can I do? Already Googled and didn't find anything. I tried restarting and looked for any timeout options without any luck.

submitted by /u/AnomalousX12
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy S5 Issue: Task Manager and Home keep popping up.

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 03:40 PM PDT

I recently was giving a used Galaxy S5. It was working well for a day. The task manager keeps opening by itself, seemingly at random. As well, the phone will return to home without me hitting the Home button. I've tried updating the phone, turning on/off, removing battery, and searching if other users found a solution. But no luck. Is there anyway I can fix this myself or get it repaired/exchanged? I like the phone otherwise and would prefer to avoid buying another phone.

submitted by /u/snickers316
[link] [comments]

Chromecast to Kindle Paperwhite

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 03:32 PM PDT

Hi. Sorry if wrong sub. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a way to chromecast or mirror and android display on kindle e-ink ereader (such as the Paperwhite). I think it would be a really cool project as you could use your android phone with an e-ink display. Any thoughts or leads on this would be much appreciated (I'm also a developer and have made several apps so if necessary I can go down that path).

submitted by /u/__saj
[link] [comments]

Are there any Android watches that give you actual Google Map app interaction on the watch face?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 09:30 AM PDT

I'm not talking about listed directions, or bullet pointed steps in directions, but like it's displayed on a phone screen, but on the watch instead?

submitted by /u/temporarycreature
[link] [comments]

Root access in ADB shell

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 03:04 PM PDT

Hey guys I am struggling pretty hard right now. Currently my phone is locked out, I can't get past the lock screen.. something happened to the code I use, not sure. Anyway, I've read up online and people are saying that I could "rm *.key" and that should give me back access to my phone. So I'm in ADB shell trying to rm *.key but I can't get permission. My phone is previously rooted, and when I type su my phone light sup but because I can't get past the lockscreen I can't grant access.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

submitted by /u/turnsteph
[link] [comments]

AmazonFireTV2/Android multiple devices using the same keymap.

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:50 PM PDT

keymap Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl / Microsoft USB 360 controller

I have created this on the Amazon FireTV subreddit but this generally seems to be an Android issue.

Is it impossible for android to use two or more devices that share the same vendor and product id? It seems like the only I can do is try to look into modifying the product id of the controller and create new keymap file to match it, but that seems to be an unorthodox/ugly solution

submitted by /u/WickedForte
[link] [comments]

I want to delete music files from my SD card straight from my music app. Is it possible to allow my app to edit data on my SD card?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:46 PM PDT

Remote Accessing A Windows 10 Home Edition Computer From An Android Phone

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:10 AM PDT

I understand you need to upgrade to pro edition in order for it to work with RD client. is there any other way around this or anybody know the best third party app so i can control my computer from my phone without paying $100 for pro edition?

submitted by /u/thirdeyeape
[link] [comments]

How do you change the distance unit in the phone app when making a call?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:33 PM PDT

I'm running on nougat and whenever I make a call to some company it fills in information on the calling screen when you start the call.

My only problem is that it shows me the distance between me and that company in miles.

I need it in km, I tried looking around for some settings but all I could find were the Google maps units, which were already set in km.

submitted by /u/LoudSoftware
[link] [comments]

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Massive Battery Drop

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:28 PM PDT

So I got my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on launch with Verizon and haven't had any issues with it until recently. Monday overnight, my battery went from ~95% to dead while I wasn't using it at all. I checked the batter usage and nothing seemed out of order. The same thing happened today. I checked my phone and it was at ~77%, then 10 or 20 minutes later it is at 3% and dies not long after. I checked the battery usage and again nothing out of order, besides the massive drop. It doesn't happen every day, and I can't narrow down a certain app. Do y'all think my battery is defective?

submitted by /u/Steague13
[link] [comments]

Special Notification for Specific Gmail Contact

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 10:42 AM PDT

I have a special gmail account where I receive pager notifications from my workplace. I need to hear these under any circumstance, and at any time. On my old phone I could set it so that even when the phone was on silent, an email coming into that account from the pager address would trigger a very loud alert that would last 15 seconds. I cannot use a different mail client because I need this to come in via push. Pull could take up to 15 minutes and that would not be acceptable. Any suggestions on this? I am able to foward these emails to text, but I would rather not. Even then, I have not figured out a way for there to be a special loud, long lasting sound for a text from the pager. I would like to have the phone on silent/priority only otherwise at night.

submitted by /u/Flash367
[link] [comments]

How does expanding your ram via swap file on your SD card affect the life cycle of the SD card?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:08 PM PDT

I just bought a uhs 1 class 32gb Samsung memory card and don't really want to prematurely kill it in a few days or weeks. I will be buying roehsoft ram expander should this be a viable plan. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 i9300 rooted with cm13 rom installed

submitted by /u/BoudKabouter
[link] [comments]

Can't open DCIM folder in File Transfer?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 02:01 PM PDT

Hey there, I'm trying to get the pictures from my Galaxy Note 5 onto my macbook. I was told that I should use Android file transfer and go into the DCIM folder on there, but when I try to open DCIM the whole program crashes.

I looked around and people were suggesting that the DCIM folder is corrupted by one pic or video, but I looked through the folder on my phone and can't figure out what would be corrupting it.

Does this make sense? Please help! Thanks.

submitted by /u/briizo
[link] [comments]

Netflix audio works but doesn't play video

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:59 PM PDT

http://m.imgur.com/a/xuV3R So the screen stays like this but the audio still plays on my G3 i have completely reset the phone uninstalled the app cleared cache should i just stop paying for Netflix? Or is there a way to fix it or is my phone just not liking Netflix the account is fine tried it on a friends phone and it plays he had a G3 as well

submitted by /u/dogsparky
[link] [comments]

Disable statusbar icons?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:53 PM PDT

I want to disable all icons in statusbar that come from notifications. I'm using TeslaUnread to display badges, so I don't need another set of icons.

submitted by /u/instagib1
[link] [comments]

Have to retrain voice model every day

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:50 PM PDT

On my LGG3 voice recognition was perfect, I could say "OK Google" in many ways, in many voices and have it work, and it always recognized what I was saying. Now on my G5 google now detects "ok Google" about half the time, and that percentage goes down every time I try to do it in rapid succession. It also has trouble recognizing certain words without 5 or 6 tries enunciating it clearly. Occasionally it tells me I have to retrain my voice model. Whether or not it says to I have tried retraining it, and it will work perfectly for a few hours after, but then go back to not working. I use it a lot so it's really annoying.

submitted by /u/i2WalkedOnJesus
[link] [comments]

I have a Note 3 on Verizon which is acting up. Should I upgrade to a newer phone or fix this one?

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:28 PM PDT

Lately my Note 3 has been losing battery quickly, is slow to charge and has been hanging up (freezing) allot more.

I've done several virus scans, and reset it twice and it seems to only have gotten worse.

Also I would really like to get one of the new watches they have out now like the S2 gear.

Thanks in advance for any help and recommendations.

submitted by /u/Nick_USMC
[link] [comments]

Rooting Xperia Z1 on 5.1.1

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 01:00 PM PDT

Alright, here's what happened – my friend deleted all of his image files he received, trying to free up some space.
We've been trying to gain root access to follow this guide, in order to restore the files. Unfortunately it isn't as easy as expected. I tried to "KingRoot + SuperSU" root it, because it seemed like the easiest & less destructive way.
But when running SuperSU it says "Installation failed" (yes I ran the latest version, rebooted a couple of times and redid the whole process).
In some XDA-Developers Thread I read it has to be flashed using either CWM or TRWP; so I tried TRWP but the phone shows up as an unrecognized device in device manager while in recovery (in order to flash via TRWP)… couldn't find any appropriate fastboot drivers.
It's an Xperia Z1 Compact, not bound to any carrier. Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Teilchen
[link] [comments]

-24 Error.

Posted: 31 Aug 2016 12:56 PM PDT

Everytime I try to download Tinder on my phone, I get an error coded -24. I tried all the options I found on internet to solve it (such as trying to download it as an apk instead of play store or using some root file to handle applications). but problem isnt solved.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/PotatoGirlOh
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »