Why Java?

Why Java?


Why Java?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 10:43 AM PST

I don't understand why would Google choose Java over its own languages like GO and Dart. Also wouldn't you get a better performance with a compiled language like GO?

Edit: Java is a compiled language, but not in the same sense as GO or C.

submitted by /u/Lakelava
[link] [comments]

Is there any way to get Chrome's pull down menu to function like IOS's?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:52 PM PST

See here for an example of the behavior.

Currently using a Nexus 5x with Android 7.0.

submitted by /u/Laynezilla
[link] [comments]

Google Play - Dutch postcode problem

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:04 PM PST

Hey guys,

I'm trying to buy an app with my new Android and I'm coming up with a problem with my postcode. I chose to pay via T-Mobile (my phone carrier) and Google play requests my postcode to do so. I live in the Netherlands and my postcode is 6211GL. However, apparently I cannot put in the letters, only the numbers. I've tried copy pasting, but only the numbers were pasted. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks already, and have a great new year!

submitted by /u/Sebastiao_Pereira
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to cast a mkv video file?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 08:03 AM PST

I can get it to play on my phone with VLC or bubbleup but can't get it to cast with sound. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/leviathan65
[link] [comments]

Why do I get this error message?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:00 PM PST

So, I went to download the "PlayStation Communities" app, and whenever I try to do so, it says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account." This is very strange because I tried downloading other apps after this and they work. I looked up a solution, and tried the first 3 things on androidpit.com, but none seem to work. I have also restarted my device, but nothing has worked. Please help!

submitted by /u/Azurified
[link] [comments]

Remote Control App w/ Keyboard for LG TV

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 03:18 PM PST

I have a LG 49UH610V and I'm looking for an app to control the TV, I already tried a bunch, some very good but missing one functionality: a keyboard, for easily searching on Youtube for example.

For me this would very useful but I don't know if it is even possible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

submitted by /u/CRColossus
[link] [comments]

WiFi problems. Please help.

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:43 PM PST

I have an LG G3 phone and I can't connect to my home WiFi. My father has already reset the WiFi many times and I have reset my phone many times but nothing. Any advice?

submitted by /u/DayVamp
[link] [comments]

Unable to view full-screen video on 7.1.1 Google Pixel

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:37 PM PST

Hello All, First post here, so apologies if it's in the wrong place. I've got a Google Pixel, with 7.1.1 on it. I'm attempting to watch videos from DTMTS.com (hockey highlights site) When I move my phone horizontally I'm used to the video going full screen and being able to access controls (it's like this on the iPhone, i believe) But on android, i'm stuck with the URL bar at the top and no controls at all. I've tried enabling the full screen feature in the settings of the chrome browser and it hasn't worked. Any ideas? thanks!

submitted by /u/Limit760
[link] [comments]

Android system and battery drain?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:09 PM PST

Why is my battery draining at an alarming rate. I go to the battery settings and what's being used the most is the Android system. I'm also on a Galaxy Note 3 still and I also notice it gets real warm towards the top of the phone and around the camera. Oddly enough the actual battery doesn't get warm/hot. Help, please?

submitted by /u/MrOptiX
[link] [comments]

Suggest a phone for my wife and me?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:09 PM PST

Hello all, my wife and I are planning on switching from Verizon to T mobile. Our phones are paid off and everything, all we need to decide is which phones to go with. I have an HTC One m9 and she has an IPhone 6. She has only had Iphones and finally had enough of their crap and is switching to Android. I want to get her a good one so it makes a good impression and she doesn't regret switching. We were looking at buying the phones outright that way we can keep the monthly payments down. Any suggestions for phones <400$? I would like to get an xperia z5 but am worried about using that with T Mobile. I don't want to get another HTC, I have had bad luck with them, but LOVED my Xperia z3 Verizon. Thanks everybody in advanced!!

submitted by /u/i3urn420
[link] [comments]

Vpn and hotspot with a rooted phone

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 02:08 PM PST

Is it possible to have a VPN (PIA VPN) and have hotspot working on my rootrd android phone at the same time? Right now when i turn on the hotspot the vpn shuts down.

Im not using a hotspot app but just whats standard on the phone, would a specific App over come my problem?

submitted by /u/kai535
[link] [comments]

Seperate encryption and lock screen password

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 09:59 AM PST

Hi

I am running on Oneplus X using custom build of CM13.

I was wondering if there is a way to have a seperate password for encryption and lock screen?

In fact, I would like to have encryption, but no lock screen password.

There does not seem to be such option, does anybody know why?

Thanks

submitted by /u/whatsnotup
[link] [comments]

Nexus 7 Stuck On Jelly Bean

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 01:43 PM PST

Hi All,

I have a 2013 Nexus 7. I really want to get it to be on 6.0 if not 7.0 but it's stuck on Jelly Bean. Every time I try and the update dialog, which is offered, it fails out. It's rooted so I'd to get it to at least Marshmallow. Suggestions?

submitted by /u/phillycodehound
[link] [comments]

Samsung Android says "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" how do I fix it ?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 01:38 PM PST

I tried to root my phone following instructions from this http://rootmygalaxy.net/root-s5-mini-on-android-5-1-1/ everything was going well until I pressed start on Odin and the phone restarted, the logo came up and only that message is shown in top left. I tried a recovery TWRP. I tried deleting everything formatting etc but that still pops up and I don't know how to fix it. I don't mind the outcome rooted or not so long as its usable! Thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/akarugowan1
[link] [comments]

S4 file transfer help?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:59 PM PST

Hey, I got a new album for christmas and eagerly went to my PC to rip the audio files to transfer it to my phones memory card (25.9 of 29GB available). The first 3 songs transferred just fine, but file 4 failed, so I pressed the skip option. File 5 the progress just halted with no error message so I canceled. Trying again a few days later and the files will say that are copying, bringing up the copying window but there will be no text and no progress being made in a transfer...for all of the remaining 11 files. I'm connected via USB to my PC running win10, and ending a copy and trying to navigate my phones files will freeze up my explorer window and basically forced me to restart my PC. Even after a restart of both devices this problem is still persisting. Is there any way I can get the rest of these files to my phone for listening while away from a CD player? The file type is fine as I have many other songs on my memory card in the same filetype, transferred the exact same way. I'm normally able to figure out what is wrong but I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/maztor
[link] [comments]

Have to input password every time I install an app

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:48 PM PST

For the past couple of weeks, every time I install an app (including free ones) from the Play Store website, it requires me to put in my password.

I know there's a setting in the app version of the store to require a password for purchases, but I don't have that set, and as I said this is happening even with free apps. It's really obnoxious because my password is very long and difficult to type.

Anyone know how to stop it from asking for password every time?

submitted by /u/Asmor
[link] [comments]

Full Screen Ads, finding the culprit.

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:37 PM PST

I've been getting a couple completely full screen ads, so I uninstalled a free game I thought was the culprit but they are still happening. Its not too often, pretty rarely actually, so unlikely I'll snag a screenshot anytime soon, but the next time it does I will for sure.

The ads have the little "ad choices by Google" in the top right that appears on most ads. Following that just tells me about Google's personalization opt in/out.

The kicker was today it happened with very few apps running in my recent apps, and none that I would suspect as they are all basic apps or Google Play Music.

I tried running Airpush but it doesn't seem to want to complete a scan on my Galaxy S7 Edge, but I'm not getting a notification, only the full screen ads themselves.

Anyone have any tips for how to find offending full screen advertising apps?

submitted by /u/sweatyfish
[link] [comments]

Help tanslating the Android OS.. How?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:30 PM PST

Sorry for posting in the wrong subreddit first or if it's still the wrong one. I would like to volunteer with translating Android, that means adding new languages to it and improving existing ones. How can one begin to do that? I tried researching already, but I always wrongly get directed to tranating Google translate and not the Android OS

submitted by /u/notheinlein
[link] [comments]

My htc will die at exactly 30% mark everyday since the past few days or so. Is my phone infected with malicious stuff?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 07:28 PM PST

my phone is rooted and i've installed apks outside the safe sites(google play, apk mirror etc) but i always upload the apks to virustotal or metadefender before installing. ive battery calibrator installed to see if the battery is in bad shape but it seems like in good condition. sometimes i feel like being in the Speed movie where i constantly have to charge the battery so not to let it go down past 31% else it goes POOF! dead.

submitted by /u/wtfdidijustdoshit
[link] [comments]

Kindle Fire HDX 3rd gen using a lot of data. Traced the usage to stock kindle apps.

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 12:14 PM PST

Hi. I'll get to the point. My mother's kindle has been using tons of data this month. So I used a data monitor app to discover that Facebook (of course...) and a few kindle apps were using LOTS of data by syncing back and forth with the server. Unfortunately I cannot find out a way to disable or limit data usage of ANY app on the device, let alone the stock bloat apps. The ROM of the device does not allow me to get into those settings. So I've come to you for help. How on earth can I stop these apps from syncing constantly? Would the app Doze do the trick? Or is that for Android 6.0+? I can't tell what base version of Android this thing is on but it says Fire OS 4.5.5.2.

Doze? Greenify? I dunno. Help please.

submitted by /u/israphial
[link] [comments]

Where do I start?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:54 AM PST

I want to try and make a small gacha app, it's a simulator gacha. with a calculator in it, and can have widgets to be added on the screen. and have notificaions

submitted by /u/mark9901
[link] [comments]

Finding an exchange app

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:50 AM PST

So I bought an Acer Liquid Zest plus today. I want to set up my exchange account, but the native app apparently is not on here. It's running Android 6.0.

A quick search in the playstore reveals many options, but they are all free. I do not like free apps. They have no privacy options. Do anyone have a good exchange email app that does not sell my emails?

Thanks.

TL;DR:looking for an exchange email app that does not sell my information. Thx.

submitted by /u/wizardly_flepsotard
[link] [comments]

Сhаngе оk Gооglе соmmаnd?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:49 AM PST

І hаvе а wаtсh, аnd whеn І tаlk tо thе wаtсh thе рhоnе thіnks І'm tаlkіng tо thе рhоnе, sо І'd lіkе tо сhаngе thе рhоnеs саtсh рhrаsе tо sоmеthіng еlsе thоugh І саn't sееm tо fіnd а wау tо dо іt, аnуоnе hаvе аn іdеа

submitted by /u/redditgizmos
[link] [comments]

Moto Z Play

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:26 AM PST

Currently on Verizon with an iPhone 6 64gb. I'm not loyal to any brand but I'm in the market to get a new device and I'm looking at something mid range with a really good battery. I've heard the moto z play has a beast of a battery and it can do most anything really well. The price point is right where I want it and can comfortably afford it. Anyone have any experience with this device? Also anyone know if this device will get the nougat update? I know it's currently running marshmallow 6.1

submitted by /u/Gooners84
[link] [comments]

Can I use a (possibly) water damaged battery mod on my Moto Z Force Droid?

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:22 AM PST

Got my old phone wet, possibly including the battery mod. Got the new phone through insurance. Would it be safe to test/use the battery pack? Haven't tried it with the new phone, don't want to damage it.

submitted by /u/Myrriad
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »