Weekly "anything goes" thread!

Weekly "anything goes" thread!


Weekly "anything goes" thread!

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 05:09 AM PST

Here's your chance to talk about whatever!

Although if you're thinking about getting feedback on an app, you should wait until tomorrow's App Feedback thread.

Remember that while you can talk about any topic, being a jerk is still not allowed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Open source self hosted firebase

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 07:29 PM PST

I was wondering if there were any open source firebase like apps that developers can self host? I can roll my own API, but with each app, I have to write an API.

I could use firebase but it can get expensive. It would be nice if I can host instance of some open source version of firebase on digitalocean, and use it for multiple apps.

Is there such a thing in the open source world?

submitted by /u/BananaKick
[link] [comments]

Setting up google play merchant account for in-app purchases requires a legal business. Don't have a business.

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 09:41 AM PST

I am trying to set up a merchant account in google play for like in-app purchases for my game, but it's requiring me to set up a Legal business information with like business name and address and stuff. But i don't have a business or anything like that. Do you guys just put your own names and addresses as the legal business information or is there a way to set up in-app purchases without putting business information since i dont have one. Or do you guys just like set up a business to do this???

I wanted to just publish it to test the waters before setting up a business.

submitted by /u/bttpowerman
[link] [comments]

Diagonal cut view with awesome customization

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 05:31 PM PST

Android library for timeout triggering events

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 07:59 PM PST

Migration from butterknife to Data binding

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 10:49 AM PST

RxAnimations library, animations as easy as they should be

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 01:54 AM PST

Library for display a few images in one MultiImageView

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 04:12 AM PST

Android widget for github contributions

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:13 PM PST

Which libraries do you use while developing apps for rooted phones?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 06:52 AM PST

I found https://github.com/Chrisplus/RootManager to be quite useful although the documentation seemed a bit lacking. Any others that might make developing root apps a bit easier?

submitted by /u/iknowyourwoman
[link] [comments]

Up to date Material Design resources?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 04:19 AM PST

I've been going through some tutorials about Material Design and best practices, but most of the code examples in them contain a lot of deprecated methods. Also some of the structures and organization seem to be not the favored ones, i.e. organizing by adapters, fragments, and activities instead of by feature. I'm an experienced programmer but just now switching to android, so I'd like to get a good solid understanding of modern practices, so I don't end up refactoring my app as problems crop up(more than necessary). It seems like the android ecosystem evolves a bit faster than most platforms I've worked with, so can anyone point me towards some current tutorials? Thanks.

submitted by /u/raspberrypint
[link] [comments]

Google Search in My App?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 11:37 AM PST

Hi reddit! I'm a bit new to android development and was wondering if there was a way to use google search results and filter them in my app. I have looked around in other resources but nothing turned up to be useful. I figured I should ask you guys for a more solid answer. Thanks in advanced!

submitted by /u/SakshumBlade
[link] [comments]

Making Rainbow HAT Work with the Android Things

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 12:39 AM PST

Android MVP Architecture, what do you think about this one ?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 01:30 AM PST

Hi all !

Since a couple of month I try to improve my android skills by using more design pattern in my apps. MVP seems to be a good solution to get more testable applications.

Currently I'm using this Android starter https://github.com/RoRoche/AndroidStarterAlt

What do you think about this interpretation ? By reading many articles, I understand that MVP need to have a Model (hold the logic), a View(Fragment, Activity or Android.VIew) and a Presenter (The middle man).

So here my questions, Why there is a "Controller" class in this starter ?

submitted by /u/adrienrx
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »