Getting advertising calls right after I unlock my phone?

Getting advertising calls right after I unlock my phone?


Getting advertising calls right after I unlock my phone?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 11:15 AM PST

I get shitty advertising calls right after I pick up and unlock my phone. There is something my phone does that tells them it is a good time to try calling me. I havent been able to find anything about this after lots of googling, but it is very obvious. Does anyone know anything about this?

First thought is obviously some kind of malware, but it has happened through factory resets, having nothing but the most basic apps that everyone uses.

submitted by /u/milint33w
[link] [comments]

Indicator icon

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 12:13 PM PST

Hi folks, iOS user here. I'm helping out my mom with her new Samsung Galaxy S7. Any idea what the second indicator icon to the left (i.e, the one that looks a bit like an N) is? It's not one I've come across before.

Edit: Rewording for clarity.

submitted by /u/WpgDipper
[link] [comments]

Every time I connect to Bluetooth I hear my ex girlfriend's voicemails. Please help

Posted: 29 Dec 2016 11:26 PM PST

So I just hooked up my receiver for my stereo with my buddies, and decided to try out the Bluetooth setting. My phone immediately played an old voicemail that I didn't know existed... Not many things have killed a mood faster than my ex complaining about her workday blasting through my stereo. I did a bit of experimenting and it happens every time. Google Play music opens, and then the old voicemail file plays. What the hell is this? I've got a Samsung S7 if it helps

Update: So I've learned that Google Play Music autoloads a playlist of all of my music files on my phone when BT is connected, but since the voicemails are saved with numbers in the titles they're playing first. Every voicemail I've ever gotten on this phone is in that playlist...

submitted by /u/FlyPengwin
[link] [comments]

LG K7 /T-Mobile - Why is my Android file in the Miscellaneous over 1GB?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 09:55 AM PST

When I go to Settings>Storage>Miscellaneous folder I see that there is an "Android" file that is taking up 1.08GB and growing daily. yesterday (Dec 29 2016) it was 1.06GB. Why is this file taking up so much space? My wife has the same phone and her "Android" file is not taking up that much space. I thought it the reason may have been due to adding my brother's and nephew's google account for a game we are all playing, but once i removed their accounts the "Android" file continues to grow in size. What happens if I delete it? All other apps and media (photos, videos, music) are saved on my SD Card. Assistance would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/PkmnMasterTitus
[link] [comments]

LG v20 or wait for Galaxy s8?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 07:58 AM PST

I like the curved display of the galaxy phones but can get the LG v20 for free with a 2 year. I know the phone is good for audio but how does it stack up to the galaxy line?

submitted by /u/Bboy486
[link] [comments]

Samsung SM-T231 limited storage

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 10:07 AM PST

We bought a cheap tablet for my son to use, but I am noticing issues. The onboard storage is about 3gb I think, which is pretty much full already. The only game I installed for him was The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which is over a GB itself. My issue is, why doesn't this damn thing push everything to the SD card? I have a 64gb one stuck in which is 99% empty. Why can't it install that damn game to that? So, instead it fills up the tablet and keeps telling me I have 4MB left to use. Looking at the Spider-Man game information, it shows me it has stored over a gig to the tablet and about 60mb to the SD. Yeah, I would rather that was the other way around.

Any ideas how to best fix this storage issue? Installing a single game has made the tablet nearly unusable. Device is rooted.

submitted by /u/X_E_N
[link] [comments]

Facebook app is constantly saying "cannot connect" when pressing a search result. Anyone found a fix?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 09:56 AM PST

I'm on S7 edge Nougat beta with T-Mobile if that helps

Here's an example http://i.imgur.com/qataXR2.png

submitted by /u/trevors685
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to have folders from app drawer mirrored on home page?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 09:11 AM PST

I've been trying to see if there's a way to have folders from my app drawer actively shown on my home page. So if I created a folder for my Google apps in the app drawer, an identical version would appear on my home page. I'm hoping that if something like this exists that it would be active so that if I removed an app from the folder in the drawer the app would be removed from the folder on the home screen as well. Does this feature exist?

submitted by /u/Likesorangejuice
[link] [comments]

Photos screensaver app for Android Box?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:44 PM PST

Hey guys trying to display my photos for a screen saver on my smart tv (connected to android 6.0 box). When I go to daydream and try to set it up I get "photo screensavers has stopped". Can't find a way around this, so I'm looking for 3rd party software.

How is it not easier to set up a screensaver in ~2017!?

submitted by /u/mrhansenable
[link] [comments]

What's the current state of USB-C accessories?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:36 PM PST

We all remember the noise a while back about noncompliant USB type C cables and connectors, but things have been quiet recently and as a newcomer to USB-C thanks to my recent device upgrade I'm looking to get some new bits and pieces and have a few questions:

  • Is there any particular 'mark of quality' I should be looking for in USB A-C cables and adapters? Are they still being thoroughly tested and reviewed by experts and if so where are the results on these?
  • Is it reasonable to continue using my USB-A based mains/car chargers or should I be looking to swap those out for USB-C versions? I imagine by doing this the devices will draw less power than a straight USB-C solution, is it a significant difference, or are we only talking 2.4A vs 3A?
  • Are these type of devices the USB-C equivalent of an OTG adapter for flash drives etc?
  • Does anybody have any particular recommendations for good A-C cables? These seem to have good reviews and are quite popular on Amazon, are they as sturdy as they appear?

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or answers.

submitted by /u/StrangelyTyped
[link] [comments]

Can I make Facebook Messenger only notify me of messages and nothing else?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 09:26 AM PST

Keeps sending me notifications suggesting I try using stickers or some such shite. I could handle it once but I dismissed it and it sent me the same notification again and now another almost the same but slightly different wording. Can anything be done or is it just tolerate it or uninstall it?

submitted by /u/JimmyCrackCrack
[link] [comments]

What can Direct Carrier Billing be used for other than things on the Google Play Store?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:24 PM PST

Hi! First time over here. I've been an iOS user for many years, and I'm now thinking about making the switch to Andriod. One of the things that caught my attention was carrier billing. Our company will pay up to a certain amount of our cell phone bill, and I've found that even with unlimited data on AT&T (grandfathered in) I still don't hit their limit. For this reason, I was wondering what kind of things can be paid for with carrier billing. Thanks 😄

(Re-posting from r/Andriod cause they have serious rules)

submitted by /u/ipad_kid
[link] [comments]

Am I crazy to try and learn unit testing with Robolectric by myself as a junior dev?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:10 PM PST

I'm looking for a way to learn how to test Android with Robolectric. I'm new to programming and very new to Android development.

I've been trying to teach myself using a few tutorial videos and other resources, but I keep coming across a ton of dependency inconsistencies and making progress has been a nightmare.

I want to learn testing since it's a desired skill and it sounds like it's where junior developers start anyway.

Am I crazy to try and learn testing with my limited experience?

submitted by /u/CGrahamS
[link] [comments]

Trying to get the IMEI of my stolen Android phone.

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:56 PM PST

hello guys

My phone was stolen a few weeks ago and I was dumb enought not to write down my IMEI somewhere. I found a few guides that told me that google stores the IMEI of my phones but when I go to track my devices I cant find the number. All guides I found show outdated interfaces of google dashboard.

Any help would be apreciated, it was a newly bought s7 edge and this still hurts.

submitted by /u/Nonor64
[link] [comments]

Samsung galaxy s7 Edge - google play store crash on app purchase

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 08:54 AM PST

Hi,

I'm using a rooted Samsung galaxy s7 Edge and I've noticed recently that I can't purchase any apps because Google play store crashes when I try to.

It lets me download non-paid apps without issue. I've tried applying Google play credit, as well as paying fully with card, both of which cause Google play to stop. I've also tried manually stopping the app and clearing the cache.

Restarting the phone doesn't fix the problem either. Any suggestions what could be causing this? I've definitely used the phone to purchase apps before.

submitted by /u/SundanceKing
[link] [comments]

Fully integrating Voice control connection between android and windows 10 (google now / cortana

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:40 PM PST

Hi, I'm just beginning to get into Cortana and I'm really liking the idea of the things I could do. I have my Nexus 5 linked to my PC via Bluetooth and I recieve notifications from my phone on my computer, however most of the time I cannot do anything with them. When an email comes through I cannot make it bring up my Gmail in the browser and see it. I'm more focused on the texting at this point however. I can see notification from texts on my computer which were sent to my phone number (hangouts) but when I reply to them via Cortana I cannot see the sent messages in my phone. In addition I cannot bring up the history of all my texts on my computer. Is there a way to do this with hangouts? Is there an alternative app I can use? Also would it perhaps be more effective to just replace Cortana on my computer with Google now? Is that possible? I want to start using voice commands constantly and make my own command libraries.

submitted by /u/Snuppy56
[link] [comments]

Best way to do video compression in 2016

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 03:19 AM PST

How are you doing video compression in your android apps? I tried ffmpeg but it is toooo slow. Also there are licensing issues for my app if I use ffmpeg. Thanks

submitted by /u/pusic007
[link] [comments]

What is your Android RAW editing workflow?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:35 PM PST

I downloaded some apps to edit my raw files and i cant figure out whats the best way to do it in my android device (namely 1+3)

1) Snapseed would be perfect if it had noise reduction

2) Lightroom only has noise reduction as a preset filter. Also kinda heavy.

3) Photoshop express has great noise reduction but other things dont work so great. Upping the shadows doesnt really do a good job, but with the same file Lightroom and Snapseed bring up a lot of detail

Is there a way that i can edit my .dng with more than 2 apps? Or do i have to export .jpg from one then edit again?

submitted by /u/gordito_gr
[link] [comments]

Google Maps offline navigation

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:24 PM PST

Hi Reddit,

I have a question. I know I can save a certain area (up to 120 000 square km) for offline use in Google Maps. And as far as I understand the app can rely solely on GPS when that's the case, right?

So here is my question. Is there a way to navigate without using data from one city to another? Like a way to save the road for offline or something similar?

submitted by /u/Em_Jay_De
[link] [comments]

Bought a new Android phone but the applications won't automatically synchronize

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:06 PM PST

I am moving from a Nexus 6 to a OnePlus 3T. I setup both phones and enabled backup on both. I would have expected that all my apps on my Nexus 6 would be automatically installed on my OnePlus 3T.

Is there any way I can manually trigger this synchronization process? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/GuiSim
[link] [comments]

Can't lock screen in landscape mode (Samsung A3 2016)

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 02:00 PM PST

As shown here, my phone (a Samsung A3 2016 running Android 6.0) doesn't have an option to lock the screen in landscape mode, only to lock it in portrait mode or auto-rotate. Even when I press the button when the screen is in landscape mode, it locks into portrait. How do I lock it in landscape mode? I'm sorry if it's a simple or retarded question, I haven't used Android in ages.

submitted by /u/ricknewgate
[link] [comments]

All Google Camera app panoramas taken on my OnePlus2 process like this, any advice?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 04:13 AM PST

Images here; https://imgur.com/gallery/kZO39

This is using the panorama function aligning the dots. This used to happen intermittently but now it's everytime.

Perhaps alien interference urging me to upgrade to oneplus 3T?

(Currently Android 6.0.1, OxygenOS 3.1.0)

submitted by /u/toluthetypical
[link] [comments]

How to get GBoard and get rid of Google Keyboard???

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 01:49 PM PST

I can't get actual GBoard even though it says it's 'installed', all I have is Google Keyboard. I have none of the options on GBoard and I've even tried installing the .apk and it won't install, it'll ask me if I want to update it, but it won't install either.

I have no search, suggestions, .gif, emoji's, nothing.

I can't figure out how to get the actual real GBoard and all of it's features. I have Marshmallow on my phone, not rooted, LG G Stylo.

Anyone else have this issue too?

submitted by /u/penartperson
[link] [comments]

Can I make pictures I download/take automatically go into Google Photos without it saving on my phone's memory?

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 01:34 PM PST

No notifications unless app is open

Posted: 30 Dec 2016 01:01 PM PST

Specifically any reminder app. I won't get reminder notifications unless the app is running. What gives? I've uninstalled greenify and amplify and still no luck. I don't have any task killers installed.

submitted by /u/theweatherman0_o
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »