Upon seeing missed called notification, is there a way to quickly google the phone number?

Upon seeing missed called notification, is there a way to quickly google the phone number?


Upon seeing missed called notification, is there a way to quickly google the phone number?

Posted: 31 May 2016 11:21 AM PDT

It takes me a bunch of steps do complete this simple task. Ideally, a long press would bring up the option to "search in google"

Galaxy s4 on 5.0.1 verizon.

Is Verizon blocking this feature?

submitted by /u/Bbbgggttty
[link] [comments]

Using Bluetooth headphones and the 3.5 mm jack at the same time

Posted: 31 May 2016 11:39 AM PDT

So I use edjing pro to like "dj" at home and stuff and I'd like to use my Bluetooth headphones for the cue and I'd like my master output to go through the 3.5 mm jack which is the output for the speakers. I use a galaxy tab E non-rooted

submitted by /u/daymx1
[link] [comments]

No 480p option in youtube red?

Posted: 31 May 2016 12:23 PM PDT

Whenever i want to download and save youtube videos for offline, there is no 480p option. only 360p and 720p. I find 480p videos to offer the best compromise in size and quality. How do i get it to download 480p videos?

submitted by /u/Th3rmal95
[link] [comments]

What can I use the NFC chip on my smart watch for?

Posted: 31 May 2016 09:57 AM PDT

I've just brought a smart watch, an Alcatel One Touch and it has an NFC tag on the strap. What are some uses for this? How would I set it up? Thanks :)

submitted by /u/MrPodgyPenguin
[link] [comments]

Do not Disturb isn't working on my Z5C on marshmallow

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:07 PM PDT

Has this happened to anyone else? I have my DND set to "starred contacts only" for calls, but random calls from unknown numbers are still ringing loud and clear.

submitted by /u/__________-____
[link] [comments]

malware? - Suspicious popup appeared this morning on my s6. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:44 AM PDT

The pop up says: Warning You only have to install a Great App to get your phone fully functioned.

The only option is to "confirm." I can't close the pop up.

Any ideas? I haven't downloaded any new apps in the last week. I've only done normal browsing on chrome as far as I can tell. I don't remember coming across any suspicious sites.

I've restarted my phone twice but it keeps coming back. I would uninstall most apps but the pop up is in the way...Sorry if I'm being a complete idiot about this.

Any ideas would be really helpful! Thanks

submitted by /u/Netbris
[link] [comments]

How to make Nexus 7 (2013) recognize that .mkv and .mp4 files are VIDEO files?

Posted: 31 May 2016 09:42 AM PDT

I submitted a question earlier but got no answer, so I did some digging on my own and realized that my issue stems from my android device no longer recognizing .mkv and .mp4 files as video -- as such it doesn't want to give me the option to play them w/VLC player... how can I correct this? It tries to open them as "Photo" files (using the Android Photo app) which has a success rate of like 30% for playing the videos I'm trying to watch.

edit; could the issue be with the "File Explorer" I'm using? and not the OS or video apps?

Solution: reset the "open by default" settings for the Photo app which was trying to inappropriately open the files.

submitted by /u/ser_beardrian
[link] [comments]

Are there any launchers other than the default that work with ultra power saving mode?

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:58 PM PDT

Was using google now, but when I come out of UPS, all the apps are gone from the home screen. Are there any that don't do this besides TouchWiz?

submitted by /u/weightroom711
[link] [comments]

No QWERTZ keyboard option.

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:57 PM PDT

Just installed 6.0 Marshmallow on my Xperia Z3 Compact after almost bricking it.

So I went and found a 5.1.1 ftf, which turned out to be Italian... Flashed it to try to downgrade (didn't like 6.0 because of the no root and some changes) and it resulted in a brick. Used the Sony PC Companion app to repair my phone. It removed all the carrier-specific apps and it reset my phone. It kept Italian as the system language :/

Previously had the stock 5.1.1 Sony rom on T-Mobile. The repair went fine except now I don't have the option to select the QWERTZ option for Croatian. It exists for English (US) nut not for Croatian. Please help!

Google keyboard.

6.0 removed root access so anything that needs it will not be possible.

Edit: Problem solved, I guess. Instead of adding a custom writing style I went to the Languages tab and added Croatian there. Seems to have QWERTZ. yay

submitted by /u/Red_Flex1235
[link] [comments]

Looking for an app to keep track of apps

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:47 PM PDT

I am currently using a Google Sheet to keep track of all of the apps I have installed and what folders they are in in what order. Is there an app or computer program/site that can keep track of all apps I have installed and where they are? Thanks. (I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Verizon.)

submitted by /u/stupiddroid
[link] [comments]

phone did a hard reset while in pocket, lost all photos/videos.

Posted: 31 May 2016 10:55 AM PDT

I pulled out my phone last PM after taking photo/video of my kids birthday only to see a screen asking for me to enter my samsung password. I did, and it opened to the base screen...apparently it had hard reset?? I think what happened is that I used the fingerprint lockscreen, and it must have thought I was trying to use it too many times and eventually wiped the phone!! That sucks, and makes me want to go back to Apple...

I back up my pics to Picasa when the phone plugs in at night on wifi to save on data. So, I didn't get the chance to backup.

I downloaded Wondershare Dr. Fone, which said it couldn't do a oneclick root (phone is not rooted). So I downloaded Coolmuster, which connects to phone, but shows no pics/videos.

This is important stuff, 8 year old birthday. Any advice??

submitted by /u/Erleichda-
[link] [comments]

How to increase tome between repetition of notifications?

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:21 PM PDT

Wherever I get a text or email or any kind of notification on my lock screen, it repeatedly notifies me every minute with a vibration and/or sound. It's too frequent, it's so annoying. I'm forced to unlock my phone or else it will keep pestering me and everyone I'm with. How can I make it notify me every 5 minutes or max out the repetitions at like 2-3 notifications? Galaxy s6 active btw.

submitted by /u/coyle420
[link] [comments]

No longer able to change keyboard button?

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:12 PM PDT

I used to have the key next to spacebar to ' , but now I'm unable to set it to that, and only have limited options on what I can set to it. This has been a recent thing since my last update.

Is there anyway around this without using any third party apps?

Screenshot of what I mean; http://imgur.com/RdF1iHX

On S6 Edge.

Thanks

submitted by /u/TARS-CASE
[link] [comments]

Advice: LG G4 or LG G5

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:08 PM PDT

I need a little help making a decision please.

I had a G3 that gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. It was still under warranty (two years but I had for about 15 months), so I took it back to the shop. They sent it off to the manufacturer and gave me a loan phone (M9). I never heard anything back, so I went in today to check on it, and it's still with LG. The manager at the shop said she's willing to replace it for me. I can either have the G4 free of charge or I can have the G5 for £50.

I bought the G3 for its camera, so I'm very tempted by the wide angle on the G5. However, one of the problems that I hated about the G3 was its battery life. It was terrible. Looking at the specs, it looks like the G4 has a better battery?

I've read reviews of both phones and everyone just seems to slag them both. The G4 has the bootloader problem, and everyone seems to hate the G5 for multiple reasons, so I'm really torn as to what to do. Any advice you might have would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/bephers
[link] [comments]

Snapchat isn't sending me notifications or downloading snaps automatically

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:05 PM PDT

On Nexus 6p. I randomly stopped receiving any notifications for Snapchat. Not only that, but when I go into the app I have to refresh and my snaps appear. Last thing I tried was reinstalling but nothing. Please please help!

submitted by /u/jack216
[link] [comments]

Nexus Usability on China Mobile Networks?

Posted: 31 May 2016 02:04 PM PDT

I currently have a Nexus 6 and my wife has a Nexus 5X. We are planning on moving to China in the near future and I have been told that Nexus devices don't work in China due to their association with Google. I tend to doubt this claim as the newer 6P is a Chinese Huawei made phone. Furthermore, wouldn't a phone's usability on a network boil down to what signal bands they use? Does anyone have any advice and facts on this?

submitted by /u/Xcelceor-
[link] [comments]

How to add loyalty cards to Android Pay?

Posted: 31 May 2016 10:18 AM PDT

My current bank doesn't yet support Android Pay - I'm changing banks soon to one which does. In the meantime, I'm trying to add some of my loyalty cards but am a bit stumped, when I tap the "+" FAB, it prompts me to put in credit/debit card details with no option to add a loyalty card.

Is a prerequisite to being able to do this to have a credit/debit card stored in Android Pay before then being able to add loyalty cards?

submitted by /u/bloatedhobo
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to clean an apps 'data' without logging you out of the app?

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:54 PM PDT

[Moto X 2014] Wire got cut while opening the back cover

Posted: 31 May 2016 09:52 AM PDT

This bit circled in red got cut when I opened the back cover to replace it and now the phone won't turn on. Is there is anyway to fix it or should I start looking for a new phone?

In addition, when I plug it in to power, the charging screen (the one that usually shows up when the screen off) pops up for a few seconds showing 100% battery and then the phone shuts down.

submitted by /u/ha123456
[link] [comments]

Android phone with wireless charging

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:19 PM PDT

I currently have the Oneplus One, but for my next phone I was really hoping to get wireless charging. However, I was hoping to go without paying $700+ for a new phone. The main specs I would like are similiar to the Lumia 950. IE: MicroSD slot, replaceable battery(not requirement but nice), USB Type-C and wireless charging. Are there any android phones with similiar specs that you all would recommend?

submitted by /u/The__Hoff87
[link] [comments]

Please answer this question!

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:19 PM PDT

Quick questions about Nova Launcher

Posted: 31 May 2016 01:11 PM PDT

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Light, and I've been experiencing a few issues with Nova after one day. I notice my battery life has greatly decreased, and my phone has slowed down a bit. That being said,

  • What phone do you have, and how has your phone's performance been impacted?

  • How has its battery life been impacted?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Narwhalbaconguy
[link] [comments]

LG V10 Charging Issues

Posted: 31 May 2016 12:59 PM PDT

So as of last night my LG V10 has been having major issues with charging. First off I will plug it in and for a second the little battery icon will do the animation and then stop. I went to the battery status screen and it said that the phone was not charging. Secondly it will restart on its own when plugged in and it's not charging. i first noticed something was up about two weeks ago. I left my phone to charge overnight, then I went to use it when I woke up and it was at 1% battery then turned off. I plugged it back in and it charged fine. Later in the day i was on my way to work and I went to check my phone but it would not turn on. I'd press the power key (on the back) and it would just do a quick little vibration but would not turn on. I then took the battery out and put it back in. Since then it has worked fine until last night. i tested out two cables and I tried them both on my PC. T he phone would still not charge. I just went to sleep with it plugged in, hoping it would somehow charge at some point in the night. Woke up and no dice. I tried one last time to charge it and somehow it charged normally. All the way to 100%. I could even use it while charging. Just a few moments ago I tried to test it again. Surprise surprise...it would stop charging. As I type this it just restarted twice while plugged in. i just removed it from the cable now. I really have no idea what is wrong with my phone. Here are a few things I believe may have something to do with it: I use it to hear music in the shower (potentially vapor), I sometimes put the charger the wrong way (somewhat roughly), and I have it in my pocket while at work where it get hot and has lots of moisture. I am waiting on doing a factory reset. I just ordered a new battery. At this point I'm lost on what to do. I really hope someone on here can help me figure this out. I'm on AT&T by the way.

submitted by /u/IGWOO
[link] [comments]

Application volume mixer for Android

Posted: 31 May 2016 12:41 PM PDT

Hi! I like watching Twitch streams on my phone (I don't have a working PC :( ), and most streamers I watch choose not to use any music, but rather have the viewer use his own music.

So, I want to listen to my own music, while watching a Twitch stream. The problem is that the volume of my music is too loud to properly listen to the stream.

Is there any solution, or application, that creates a volume mixer with which I can separately adjust the volumes of certain apps?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) on stock Android version 6.0.1.

Thanks for the help!

submitted by /u/lesORiGiNall
[link] [comments]

Android 6.0 - Homescreen resolution bug?

Posted: 31 May 2016 12:34 PM PDT

I got a replacement for my broken G3 recently and the new one came with Android 6.0. Now I tried to change the background on my lockscreen and homescreen. Lockscreen works perfectly fine but the same picture on my homescreen is chopped up. You know how this "chop picture" thing pops up when you choose a picture? The border is square (unlike on the lockscreen) and the ratio is fixed. Maybe I missed something here? I feel utterly retarded right now =/

submitted by /u/Abdico
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »