Weekly Android Game Suggestion Requests - 08/30

Weekly Android Game Suggestion Requests - 08/30


Weekly Android Game Suggestion Requests - 08/30

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 11:02 PM PDT

Post your game requests here! Requests for opinions on a specific game should also be posted here.

Make sure you provide a link to the Google Play Store page when suggesting games. Play Store Links Bot can be used to make this easier.

Please consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

Click here to see requests from previous weeks.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Google announces 30 finalists for its first indie games festival (aka, 30 games I will be trying out and possibly reviewing the instant the festival begins)

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 11:44 AM PDT

Table Tennis Touch: a 10 and 5 Review (10 good Things, 5 bad Things)

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 03:42 PM PDT

Hey AG. It's ViewedAskew again bringing you another one of those games that I stumbled across in the Play Store. You guys were great with the reception of my last review, so I figured I would take another stab at it for you guys.

Today's review will be Table Tennis Touch! Table Tennis Touch was created by the Yakuto company, based out of London, England, and so far it is their only game available in the Play Store (That I have seen). It is available for the low price of $2.99 (US), and has some cosmetic IAPs. Before you shy away from this post; thinking "TABLE TENNIS ON A PHONE?!", consider the possibility that many other players have overlooked this gem of a game because of that very fact; and it is this reviewers opinion that every one of those potential players are missing out greatly on what could possibly be one of the most immersive sports game currently available on Android.

So without further ado: The 10 and 5!

PROS: (The Good)

  • 1: This is a very well polished game. I would dare say that it is on par, graphics wise, with some of the top AAA mobile titles currently out right now. There are no pop-in, pop-out textures; and everything has been optimized where the framerate is as slick as smooth as a snowball on a hot tin roof, regardless if you're playing it on a Shield Tablet or a Nokia Brick phone.

  • 2: The swipe controls are hands down some of the smoothest and most intuitive I have played on Android (and I have played a lot of games with similar controls; none come close to this). The gameplay is very fluidic, and very dynamic, and instead of detracting from the experience, the controls amplify the immersion. It's a lot more than just flicking a finger to make the ball go forward; you can add backspin to the ball, side-spin, and many other tricks to get the better of your opponent.

  • 3: Multiplayer! One of my biggest gripes about sports games on mobile is the lack of multiplayer diversity. Well it would seem the Yakuto company felt the same way and did something about it. Do you want local matches with your friends in the dorm or your siblings? They have that. Do you want matchmaking multiplayer with hundreds of players across the globe? They have that too!

  • 4: Game Mode choices! Yakuto offered us a nice diversity of game modes to choose from. If you wish to be a casual and have a quick game while you're waiting on the train, they offer that for you. If you're a more focused player, a career mode is also available (Both work in multiplayer). It has an Arcade Mode as well, and it will help teach you how to be more accurate with your swipes. It even has a mode where you have to knock down bowling pins.

  • 5: The unlocks are very easy to attain, and there is a lot of diversity available to keep you wanting to play more. As I stated in the summary, there are IAPs in the game, but they are all locked at $0.99 (US), and are purely cosmetic. Some of the unlocks available are custom paddles, balls, tables, levels, and atmosphere. There is also a consumable known as a "Boost" that will give your paddle a little more power. It can be attained both in game or by IAP.

  • 6: The support for the game is outstanding. The developers have definitely put a lot of love in this game, despite its approaching its "Middle Age" of 1 year on the Play Store. There are constant updates, patches, and new features being added to the game.

  • 7: The difficulty of this game is outstanding! I have become more irritated with my performance playing this game at times than I did during my Bloodborne days on the Playstation 4. When you lose to a robot (literally), you can tell people that it's because your phone sucks, but deep down in your own mind, you know it's because you should have put some left-spin on that ball on that second serve, and since you didn't, it threw your rhythm off.

  • 8: The localization of the levels is breathtaking. If you're playing against someone, say, in Japan for instance, the room you and your opponent are placed in is very accurate to a tournament room inside Tokyo, right down to the thatched floors and the rice paper sliding doors. In America, it's almost as if you're standing on a basketball court, and the light reflections against the hardwood floors actually shines dynamically as the camera moves around.

  • 9: Table Tennis Touch won, "Best Use of Google Play Game Services" at Google's first Google Play Awards last year, and the Yakuto company has definitely earned that title. However, instead of resting on their laurels and cranking out IAP after IAP in a money grab, they've devoted this past year to drastically improving what was already a near-flawless casual sports game.

  • 10: I know I touched up on (See what I did there?) the various game modes above, but I failed to mention the mini-games. And my word, there is a plethora of mini games to choose from. I would go so far as to say that there is a veritable cornucopia of mini-games to choose from. The diversity is vast, and will leave any player nigh breathless on what these developers have done with what can easily be overlooked as a Casual Party Game.

CONS (The Bad):

  • 1: The game, I believe, was designed for tablets and ipads (I refuse to call an ipad a "Tablet"), so the game can be a little quirky to control with smaller phones. It's not a fault in the design of the game, however. It's just really easy to slide a finger in the wrong direction and completely bork your serve.

  • 2: It is currently $2.99 (US) in the Play Store and it has In-App Purchases. Though they're not game-breaking IAPs and mostly cosmetic, I still can't help but frown upon additional purchases from premium games.

  • 3: There is no in-game chat feature for multiplayer games. Though this is a nitpick of a qualm, I felt it would be nice to be able to communicate with your opponent in between serves or matches.

  • 4: The game may be sluggish on rooted phones (Do not ask me why; I couldn't begin to tell you). I installed it on my LG G4 and it ran as smooth as butter, but when I loaded it on my rooted LG G Vista, there was some stuttering and there were minor artifacts that would pop up briefly on the screen; though never during a match (And this may very well have been my phone and not the fault of the app).

  • 5: Not enough people are playing this game! Do not misunderstand, you will never have to wait long for the matchmaker to find you an opponent. However, after three days of playing, I couldn't help but notice that I was starting to play the same players in my tier of career mode.

So there you have it! Another review done for you wonderful people. In summary, if you like casual sports games, enjoyed the days of the Rockstar Games' Table Tennis from the Xbox360 (or even Pong, for some of you gamers closer to my age), I would definitely recommend you pick this game up!

As always, if you have any questions about the game or review, please don't hesitate to give a reply or a PM. I am not the developer, nor am I affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form, so I may not have all the answers, but I will do my best.

Good Gaming, AG!

submitted by /u/ViewedAskew
[link] [comments]

Why are there no good SciFi MMORPG

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 05:50 AM PDT

Seriously there is only like one decent one called Stella-something or nother. I really want mobile Defiance or mobile Destiny (yes I'm very excited for MadFingers new one). I just feel besides bullet hells, strategy and a few not amazing hack and slash, the market seems sparce. Does anyone have a favorite Sci-fi mobile game? Mine right now is still Harbinger.

submitted by /u/Neomeir
[link] [comments]

Justice Monsters V is live on the play store (early Release)

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 04:41 PM PDT

Combo Queen: Hardcore Action RPG hybrid runner with Beautiful pixel art.

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 01:37 PM PDT

Biolab Disaster: Free Quality Jump'n'Run Game

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 08:51 PM PDT

Geometry Wars 3 Doesn't Recognize Controller

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 09:46 PM PDT

When I connect my Dualshock 4 via Bluetooth, my phone recognizes it as an input device, but when I go to GW3, the controller option is unavailable.

submitted by /u/Your_Name-Here
[link] [comments]

A Matter of Murder: A Murder Mystery Game with Rogue like elements.

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 01:27 PM PDT

(Sale) Unreal Fighter Was $2.49 -> Now $1.99

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 04:36 AM PDT

Twist The Box! Match the falling colors!

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 08:07 AM PDT

Payment Help

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 06:14 PM PDT

Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. If not, just let me know where to go and I'll be off.

I'm trying to figure out how to permanently change the email of my google play account. I made it with my university (.edu) account, only to find out a couple years later (and after sinking dozens of hours of PoGo into it) that you can't redeem any sort of cash on it. No credit, debit, even gift card will work.

I tried adding an alternate email, but that seems to be acting as a separate account - it starts a new game when I try to log in with that email, and google play credit purchased on that email won't apply to the other.

If I want to make purchases, will I really have to lose all progress on my apps? Or is there a way to transfer the main email for an account?

submitted by /u/Coldrise
[link] [comments]

[DEV] Check out this simple game I made, called Plane Pixel, and give me some feedback!Thanks!

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 08:55 AM PDT

Hi! My name is José Sá and I study Informatic Engineering at Aveiro University, Portugal. I hope you enjoy this super simple game that i made all by myself, including the drawings !I would appreciate any feedback you can give me, to improve both the game and my skills. If you can, please rate and leave your comment in the Google Play Store. Thank you in advance! Gif: http://i.imgur.com/qYipAnG.gifv Link to the store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Dashyir.PlanePixel&

submitted by /u/Dashyiir
[link] [comments]

PMQ: Attack on Titan (Collab)

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 04:13 PM PDT

Anyone having success with Xbox Bluetooth controller?

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 03:26 PM PDT

I just got the new xbox controller with bluetooth and it's the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with. Pairing the controller to any of my devices is a total crapshoot that fails a majority of the time but then randomly just connects and works as expected.
 
However, as soon as it disconnects (turning off bluetooth or pulling the battery on controller) it will not reconnect ever again like other bluetooth device will. it flat out refuses to "find" my phone again, and I have to unpair, reboot phone, and try pairing again to make it work. EVERY TIME.
 
I have updated the controller's firmware, and I have tried connecting it to four different phones (Moto X Pure, Oneplus One CM13, Nexus 5, Galaxy S3) and my Nvidia Shield Tablet. Every single one is a major hassle to get paired up, and as soon as the initial connection is broken I have to start over.
 
If I use it with my laptop it works exactly as expected. soon as the controller turns on it finds and connects no problem, but I bought the thing to use with my phone/tablet for emulation.

submitted by /u/I3igAl
[link] [comments]

Some games not accepting controller input despite detecting controller

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 03:19 PM PDT

So I've had this problem for a while and only now am I wanting to find a solution for it instead of just dealing with touch controls. For some games, like emulators and GTA San Andreas, my IPEGA PG9021 controller works perfectly fine (though in GTA I can't change radio stations with the controller, which could be part of the game) but with others, such as Aralon Forge and Flame, which has controller button icons when the controller is connected, Ravensword Shadowlands, which outright says it detects a controller and asks if I want to use it, and Asphalt 8, where the analog stick works, the controller doesn't work as intended. I've tried the Game Center software, but it rejects the controller with "Unable tp connect a bluetooth device" and BluezIME with the HID enabler says it's connecting forever without actually connecting. I'm on a ZTE Max Duo Z963VL with Android 5.1.1. Everything I've seen about setting up Ipega controllers usually assumes you have a different model such as the PG9025. Help?

submitted by /u/Chris_Highwind
[link] [comments]

New to Android, deals?

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 01:54 PM PDT

Aside from this Reddit, is there any sites you guys go to for deals on the Play Store? Thanks

submitted by /u/-g0omba-
[link] [comments]

crusaders Quest Worth?

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 01:53 PM PDT

anyone playing Crusaders Quest ? is worth play? is very P2W?

submitted by /u/davc1234567890
[link] [comments]

Petagon Rise of the Dragonlord

Posted: 29 Aug 2016 09:06 AM PDT

Found this new game that seems interesting. Haven't played much so can't give a good review yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sg.orionarts.petagon.rotd

submitted by /u/Peasant84
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »