I've switched from iOS to a Note 7 and I was hoping I could get some help with a few questions?

I've switched from iOS to a Note 7 and I was hoping I could get some help with a few questions?


I've switched from iOS to a Note 7 and I was hoping I could get some help with a few questions?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Hello all! I've got a Note 7 on Verizon and I was wondering...

Can I root this phone?

Is there anything like the jailbreak tweak "Phantom" for Snapchat? (Mark snaps as read when you want, save photos without notifying the other, stop stories from loading, etc)

I have the lock screen set to not show my texts previews, but is there anyway to have it show the sender but not the message (Like iOS does)? It'd be nice to see who sent the text or Snapchat without having to unlock my phone.

Thanks for the help everyone!

submitted by /u/Eyedoless
[link] [comments]

Is it possible to change the emojis on the latest Samsung phones without root?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:29 AM PDT

I really, really like the look of the new Note 7 but, I can't stand Samsung's emojis.

I heard you can change the font on Samsung devices. Is this still possible and can it be used to just change the emojis to either the stock android ones or the iOS ones? Thank you.

submitted by /u/EpicFlyingCat
[link] [comments]

How can i verify that an unlocked phone will work with my carrier?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 03:09 PM PDT

I live in Canada and im thinking about ordering a Nexus 5X from American best buy. The specs say its compatible with CDMA and GSM carriers but how can i verify that it will for sure work with mine? Specifically a Canadian carrier.

Also more general question, assuming the network stuff is all compatible, will there be issues with my carrier complaining if i just take out my sim card out of my current phone and put it in a new one? As in do they check which device I'm using or anything like that? Or will it just work?

submitted by /u/fozz179
[link] [comments]

Google Messenger app, why do my texts have a number button next to them that brings up this menu with a phone number option that isn't me and I've never dialed? Galaxy S5

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:47 PM PDT

Can I upgrade my tablet?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 02:33 PM PDT

My tablet is slow. I want to make it run smoother. Is there an upgrade or root I can do?

Specs: Visual Land Prestige Elite 10q Model: ME - 10q Memory: 16GB Android version: 4.4.2 3.92GB/16GB used

submitted by /u/Saltem
[link] [comments]

If I have my SD formatted as internal memory, do I need to turn my phone off before taking it out

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:12 PM PDT

How to Update software with unlocked phone?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:12 AM PDT

I have an unlocked Verizon phone with a T-Mobile sim card.

I'm on 4.4.2 and I want to update to the latest software possible

submitted by /u/PM_ME_CALVIN_NUDES
[link] [comments]

[NSFW] Shot a private video to send thru WhatsApp and now it appears in my Facebook gallery. Where is it and how can I delete it?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:59 AM PDT

This belongs in a TIFU too

Using the built in function of shooting a video in WhatsApp, I shot a video of myself masturbating and cuming and sent it to a friend. I deleted the message and the media from my WhatsApp when it asks me. I enter Facebook to upload another picture and when I click gallery in Facebook, the video is there

Obviously, I want to get rid of it. Where is it and how can I delete it? Its a Oneplus One.

submitted by /u/ta20160827
[link] [comments]

My Micro SD card suddenly died. Dont know what to do.

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 10:26 AM PDT

I've had this 128 GB Samsung Micro SD card on my Moto X Pure edition for a few months and it's worked fine. Then one day out of nowhere it says the SD card became corrupted. I would also get Process System UI has stopped working notification but ever since I've made my phone "forget" my SD card that notification doesn't come up anymore.

I've basically given up trying to recover what was on it and I've tried formatting it on my PC and I'm not even able to format it. Upon trying to set it up as a new SD card on my phone it first tells me it's "unsupported" but after trying to set it up as either adoptable or removable storage I get this error where the first number is different almost every time I attempt it.

So is this SD card done for? It kind of discourages me from ever getting a big SD card from the future if so.

submitted by /u/Gamadeus
[link] [comments]

Recommend a good quality wired headset?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 10:01 AM PDT

I'm looking for a headset similar in quality to the iPhone standard headset - which IMO has good comfort, decent sound, awesome microphone and fairly tangle free cable.

I'm looking for something for Android as good or better for under $50, ideally a bit less than that. Also preferably shipped from Europe and unlikely to be a fake. Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/outofbandii
[link] [comments]

My Phone (Nexus 6P) keeps on dropping WiFi

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 10:20 AM PDT

And it's making want to smash my phone into the ground. Every other device/computer works except for this phone.

My wifi is 2.4ghz and 150 mbps. I will connect to the wifi and it may work for a few minutes or even a couple hours but then it starts to cut out. I'll watch it connect, then disconnect where it says "saved" and the process continues. Sometimes it'll connect permanently after a few tries, sometimes it doesn't at all.

It also happens with the wifi at my work place

submitted by /u/Scottie3Hottie
[link] [comments]

[Help] Best Phone to get for Verizon?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 01:08 PM PDT

I can't get the one plus 3. So what are the better ones to get? I'm thinking possible the unlocked nexus 6p. Or ZTE Axon 7? I'm not sure any recommendations? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Predator04
[link] [comments]

How Do I Make My Phone Ring Through Speaker When Earphones Plugged in?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 01:05 PM PDT

So when I have my earbuds in and I get called the ringtone only goes through my earbuds but I'd rather have it just ring through the speaker. Is there any way to make this happen?

submitted by /u/Avenefirous
[link] [comments]

Losing recent apps list.

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 10:51 AM PDT

I have a Xperia z3 and this last week, out of nowhere, when I go to the list of recent apps there's nothing there. If I restart the phone the list comes back... for a while. How can I fix it?

submitted by /u/mycroft00
[link] [comments]

why don't i have a lte / hspa+ icon next to my signal bars?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:40 AM PDT

I see screenshots from other peoples phones and see a LTE or 4G icon in the status bar or whatever it's called. If it helps I have the galaxy j7 (2016 edition) on T-Mobile running 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Unrelated question: is there an app like Google wallet where I can receive money but don't need a bank account or credit card to actually "get" the money ?

submitted by /u/Longboarding-Is-Life
[link] [comments]

Playstore so slow, speed test app shows 60Mbps

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:35 PM PDT

Ok so i've seen a few people ask this but there isn't real an answer. It is taking an age to download apps from the play store, a 20mb took 5mis to download.

I'm running stock 6.0.1 on a Galaxy Note 4.

Everything else on the phone is working fine, youtube, netflix whatsapp etc..

I ran a speed test which shows 60Mbps 10ms ping on the phone, it's strange and not sure if there is anything I can do to fix it.

(I have Virgin Media's fibre optic 200Mbps+ service, currently reading at 180Mbps from my PC)

submitted by /u/IVIanix
[link] [comments]

[Frustrated / CDMA Carriers] I don't understand how to use unlocked CDMA phones in the United States?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:22 AM PDT

So, the area that I live in, Verizon is the only carrier. I mean, there's other token attempts from other carriers to push in, but they're half assed attempts. The network infrastructure just isn't there. I have to use Verizon (or a Verizon reseller like Straight Talk), or I just can't reliably stay on a call more than 30 seconds while driving.

I'm looking at unlocked phones like the Asus ZenPhone with the optical camera or the ZTE Axon 7, shit like that, and I go and ask Verizon, and they flat out tell me No, and they're almost kind of hostile about it. I talked to someone at a local store over the phone and I was trying to explain how I looked up what frequency ranges and bands they used, and I quoted the tech sheet of the phone, and it was completely compatible, they would just need to provision the IMEI number, and he fucking hung up on me in the middle.

So I called Straight talk, and they told me I could only use phones from Verizon or Sprint.

Okay, so, who are these other phones for? When I see direct-to-consumer phones for sale that are clearly CDMA/LTE marked phones, who is the target audience of that phone? How do I use it? Why is this so complicated? Do I just need to bribe someone at Verizon or Straight Talk to add the IMEI or what?


Edit: The phones I listed are random examples, I'm not really asking about how to make those phones specifically work. This is an "in general" question.

submitted by /u/Cronyx
[link] [comments]

Dual Sim Networks for ZTE Axon 7?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:08 PM PDT

Can anyone confirm if the dual sim works on both LTE Network or is it similar to how Note 7 Duos works where second sim only operates on 2G and 3G Networks?

I can't find any information about this but I can see the USA version supports every bands in the USA! I am interested in getting this phone?

submitted by /u/wwtectmo
[link] [comments]

I want a tablet/chromebook with a detachable keyboard that can dual-boot ChromeOS and Android. Does it exist?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:06 PM PDT

Hey everyone.

Is it possible to get any type of device (tablet or Chromebook) with a removable keyboard (Pixel C perhaps?) that can dual-boot ChromeOS and Android (even if I have to root it)? I would like a Chromebook for productivity, but I find tablets more comfortable for leisure. I know about support for Android apps for some Chromebooks, but I prefer the launcher of Android when I need Android apps. I am also a developer, so I would like to be able to test my apps on a device that identifies as a tablet running the latest version of Android.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Typo-Kign
[link] [comments]

I just ordered my first Android tablet, the Nvidia Shield K1. Good decision?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 02:25 PM PDT

Looking for small long lasting device for keychain or wallet that can be used for smart lock device?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 08:54 AM PDT

Someone asked a while back and was told to buy a Motorola key chain. It doesnt look like they are reviewed very well and I was curious if y'all had found a better option. Thanks!

submitted by /u/algar32
[link] [comments]

Built in Full SD Card encryption vs app to encrypt specific folders/files?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:14 AM PDT

I'm trying to determine which is the best route to go. Using the built in Galaxy S5 External SD Card encryption would be easiest, but offers potential problems such as possible performance issues writing/reading to the card, if the device is busted, you have now lost the only hardware capable of decrypting the card. Maybe there are only 2 directories on my External I care about encrypting..my pictures folder and my TWRP system backups, and the rest I could care less if someone stole my phone and took out the SD card because I have full device encryption enabled anyways.

I 'technically' could enable encryption during a TWRP backup but let's assume I haven't. Would I run into an issue using an app to encrypt a pictures folder while my phone was in use and I needed to transfer pictures to/from that folder? Or would I only need to decrypt that folder with an app only after the phone has been restarted and I have unlocked it?

What are the most stable/secure encryption apps? for something like this?

submitted by /u/majorchamp
[link] [comments]

Constant "process.android.phone" error popping up! Please help! Fixes not working.

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 11:12 AM PDT

First ever post to reddit, so I apologize for any format mistakes...

I'm suddenly getting the "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every other minute on my galaxy note 5. After the error pops up, the phone vibrates once, sometimes twice. It's extremely annoying, not to mention that it disables the phone from working... I went online, read that I should delete the data from the phone app. I did. No luck... I also read that I could try wiping the cache partition, so I tried that too... Again, no luck... I went back into the application manager and noticed that I had 3 different "phone" apps - all with different version numbers and different amounts of data. 2 of the 3 had used 30ish mbs of data in the last 3 hours, which I found interesting because the stock phone app hasn't been used in weeks. (phone is disconnected due to being poor)... I'm not sure if this is important or relevant to the problem, but still weird...

This just started today. This morning, I couldn't find my phone, so I went on to the device manager site and tried to ring it from there. I'm assuming this is what caused my problem because when I tried it again while having the phone in front of me, each time I tapped ring, I got an error... Not the phone error, but a Google play services has stopped error. (I initially did this from work, so I don't know what happened immediately after trying to ring it the first time). I REALLY don't want to have to do a factory reset. I will if I have no other option, but I'm hoping there's another fix that I'm just not aware of yet... Does anyone know how to resolve this? I'm this close from throwing my phone against the wall at this point.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/maralie1184
[link] [comments]

Question about games on google play syncing

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 10:58 AM PDT

I had the Nexus 7, and played multiple games on it, getting very far in each. I now have upgraded to the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and using the same google play account, have re-downloaded all of the games, but it's making me start from square one on each. Is there any way to sync up the levels from devices? Thank you so much for any responses!

submitted by /u/MeNoHobo
[link] [comments]

Why are people so concerned with Android updates on phones like Nexus 5 and Z3?

Posted: 27 Aug 2016 09:16 AM PDT

Why are people so concerned with it? I get the obvious reasons but can't people just get custom ROMs and get to the higher android version anyway?

I may be ignorant in these matters... is there something that I'm missing?

submitted by /u/onetruereddot
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »