I don't understand 7.0's notification options.....

I don't understand 7.0's notification options.....


I don't understand 7.0's notification options.....

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 06:05 AM PDT

Unless I'm missing something Nougat has completely fucked up notifications for anyone that wants privacy but still wants audible notifications. Gone is the per-app 'no peeking' option preventing a message preview coming onto my screen whilst I might be showing a friend a photo.

Instead the option is bundled with 'show silently' which prevents peeking but also turns off the notification tone and vibrate as well.

I want the whatsapp rattle so I know I've a message when my phone is on my desk, but I don't want potentially private message content being displayed on my screen at a time that might not be suitable.

This is a huge step backwards for me.

Am I missing a setting or are the really that dumb?

submitted by /u/pabc
[link] [comments]

I'm throwing a surprise birthday party for my mom

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 11:55 AM PDT

But my absolute bitch of a sister who isn't even coming to the party, is planning on ruining the surprise by calling my Mom to inform her. Is there any way to block my Mom from calling her or her from calling my Mom? My Mom has a Note 5 btw

submitted by /u/scrbroy
[link] [comments]

Viber Keyboard doesnot pop up.

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 11:59 AM PDT

Hi. I cant get to bring up my keyboard in viber. I cant type anything! How do i fix this?

submitted by /u/romanmarz
[link] [comments]

XDA ROMs malware?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 10:30 AM PDT

What are the chances of a XDA ROM having a rootkit, hidden malware or worse?

Let's say I pick a ROM from an old member with tons of likes, do you think if enough people are downloading it there's a fair chance somebody will detect something? Having the source doesn't mean anything since I won't compile for myself and I wouldn't manually check one billion lines of code anyway.

Any tips appreciated

submitted by /u/gibe_nexus_ireport_u
[link] [comments]

Had a strange app pop up and my usual email/passwords don't work. Did I just give them all away to a keylogger?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 03:25 PM PDT

So this app called "device" just popped up in my phone. When I open it the banner says control center and has an input for email and password along with saying "restricted area" like some 90's movie. Can anyone tell me what it is? I took some screenshots to help. The app is between pokemongo and mapmyride in the picture.

http://imgur.com/a/vVAYG

submitted by /u/Nodrog91
[link] [comments]

Can't delete/create files on SD card

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 01:09 PM PDT

Like the title says. I have a Note 4 and am on Android version 6.0.1 not rooted. I used ES file explorer and My Files native app. I have no access to a pc right now so I can't try it on a pc.

submitted by /u/maxiimus1
[link] [comments]

[marshmallow] Is it possible to have my phone notify me every X minutes if I have an unread SMS or missed call?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 03:03 PM PDT

r/AndroidQuestions When dictating text messages in Now, "she" cuts me off at the slightest pause. Is there any way to fix this?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 02:58 PM PDT

Saw this after I had the same problem. Found the Google app in the phone list of apps, open it, went to settings. Made sure only one language was elected. Also disable voice output, made it Hands free only. Enabled Bluetooth and For Wired Headsets.

Used the app a few times. Worked great. Went back and undid everything. Now I can talk as slow as I want.

Glitchy nonsensical S.O.B.... I feel like I'm blowing Nintendo cartridges.

submitted by /u/Anotheruserid1010220
[link] [comments]

Root Questions

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 04:27 PM PDT

So I've recently rooted my phone using KingRoot so I could use link2sd because space. I have a Kyocera Hydro Vibe. I did some looking around online and found that KingRoot is likely unsafe and now I'm going to get rid of it and try another method. The question is what's my next step? I couldn't find a guide on how to root the hydro vibe beyond using Root Genius. Is it safe to use? I also have some simlinks setup already; will this break everything between when I unroot the phone (as a side effect of uninstalling KingRoot) and reroot it? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I'm planning on using SuperSU once I get kingroot off. Is this the superuser app of choice or is there something better to use? I'm just interested in doing a basic root to use link2sd and not interested in installing a custom rom since the phone is doing everything I need it to besides having enough space for apps. Thanks again :D

submitted by /u/Reddarian
[link] [comments]

Is there a way to get Google Now Launcher to stop hijacking my lockscreen wallpaper?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 04:20 PM PDT

It's really frustrating how Google put the separation of home and lockscreen wallpapers into Google Now instead of the actual system settings. It makes it so if you're not using Google Now launcher, there's no way of changing your lockscreen wallpaper. It also makes it so if you're using an app that sets your wallpaper, you can't let it change the lockscreen as well.

I'm just trying to set a static wallpaper from Material Islands as both my lockscreen and homescreen wallpaper, but whenever I set the wallpaper it just sets my homescreen and not my lockscreen. There's no way to save the static images from this app, so I can't even just set it through Google Now launcher. I'd like if GNL would just stop hijacking the lockscreen wallpaper and taking access away from every other app.

submitted by /u/Ashanmaril
[link] [comments]

[Question] How can I install iOS emoji's into my rooted android?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 04:04 PM PDT

I am looking for a way to do this using root so that it doesn't slow down the phone or cause errors with some applications, etc.. Is there a go-to tutorial that is the best method for this?

DirtyUnicorn ROM / Sony Xperia Z

submitted by /u/evanesce01
[link] [comments]

I have $135 of Google Play store money. What can/should I do with it?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 09:10 AM PDT

Got it from various Chromecast offers. I already have Google Play Music/ YouTube Red. What else can I do with it?

submitted by /u/mangoman13
[link] [comments]

Help with getting Xbox Controller to work with RCA Viking Pro 10 running Lolipop

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 02:35 PM PDT

The tablet has its own USB port, and when I plug the controller in it just flashes it's light and the tablet doesn't detect anything. I tried it with an OTG cable and it does nothing. Do I need to root?

submitted by /u/Datblock
[link] [comments]

Note 7 question

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 02:10 PM PDT

I just got my note 7 and I'm running nova launcher, and for some reason the wallpaper keeps changing constantly, does anyone know how to turn that off? And what is causing this? the phone or nova?

submitted by /u/Hakuryu15
[link] [comments]

Google photos camera shortcut

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 10:23 AM PDT

Google photos did have an option to have a floating shortcut appear in your default camera app so that, after taking a photo and clicking, it would take you straight into Google photos. For some reason that option is missing from the app's settings.

Any idea how to get this back? Can't find anything anywhere.

Using an s7 edge

submitted by /u/Hardz10
[link] [comments]

Debating S7 Edge and LG V20. Currently on T-Mobile. Battery life and camera both important...

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 10:23 AM PDT

Looking for advice.... Currently have an LG G4 and the battery just doesn't last for me...

submitted by /u/Lone_Wolf
[link] [comments]

What could cause "Unfortunately VideoPlayer has stopped" ?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 02:07 PM PDT

It happened with MX Player, uninstalled, now the same with the default player. What can possibly cause this?

Device is Note 4 with latest Android 6, gallery is Piktures.

Edit: playing on both players from default gallery works, it seems Piktures is causing this.. Reinstalling Piktures did not solve it.

Found this article + cleared cache, 'clear data' seems not a good idea for a gallery https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-fix-unfortunately-app-has-stopped

submitted by /u/Qipeki
[link] [comments]

What messaging app?!

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 02:05 PM PDT

I have a google voice number. There for I think I am limited to using the hangouts dialer for calls (please correct me if I am wrong!!!). For messaging am I also limited to hangouts? Or does messenger or allo or duo support sms via google voice? I understand that hangouts is getting relegated to "enterprise" (business) while the other three apps are for users like me, and I want the latest and greatest!

submitted by /u/mkruse02
[link] [comments]

LG Bridge will not download update

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 10:09 AM PDT

as the title says.... http://prntscr.com/cc55vt

ive tried turning my firewall off, no difference.

anyone have a fix?

submitted by /u/NiteNiteSooty
[link] [comments]

Rooted gt-i8730 looking to start on a clean slate

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 01:51 PM PDT

Hi, I recently rooted my secondary phone just to mess about a bit and try it out. The phone is running android 4.1.2. To root it I used Framaroot and after that had superuser installed. In the process I think I made some errors here and there as trying to unroot it via SU left the SU app installed but un-openable and root checker tells me it's not rooted properly. I don't really have any data I wish to keep so I think doing a complete reset would be best. I come from the apple environment(I jailbroke back when ios 4 was still out, so I'm relating to that experience) so I'm not entirely sure how it works on android. I think I've understood I can simply reinstall the firmware and the root together with everything else I installed/modified will be erased. Similarly to how you just reinstall the ios to remove the jailbreak on an idevice. Would anyone mind guiding me through this? is it even correct? where would I be able to download the firmware for the phone? do I need a particular software to reinstall the fw? thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Bartimaeus93
[link] [comments]

What is the vertical bar beside the Bluetooth icon? [CM13, August 23 KLTE Nightly]

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 01:42 PM PDT

Screenshot

I assume it's either signal strength or battery life, but I have no way to confirm which. I've never seen it come up before. My phone was connected to Bluetooth headphones at the time.

submitted by /u/wardrich
[link] [comments]

Can someone please explain what GSM and CDMA networks are?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 07:26 AM PDT

I have no idea where to post this to, so im sorry if this is the wrong sub reddit but i havent been able to get any help anywhere else. I bought a phone (Note 4, verizon) and I have a plan on MetroPCS. I would like to know what the two main networks are mentioned in the title, as well as knowing if my new phone will work on MetroPCS. Thanks guys for any help

EDIT: Answered by the fine gentleman in the comments

submitted by /u/Jarl_Ballsack
[link] [comments]

Setting Up Google Voicemail on Galaxy S7? (Verizon)

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 01:07 PM PDT

I recently purchased a Galaxy S7 and I'm trying to setup Google Voicemail. I had it installed and working properly on my S5 but can't seem to connect it on my new phone. There's no way in hell I'm paying for visual voicemail premium from Verizon. Has anyone else had luck installing Google voicemail on their new Galaxy phone?

submitted by /u/silvergun_superman
[link] [comments]

Apps on SD card crash constantly on 6.0

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 06:58 AM PDT

I have a Moto E (2nd gen), which I promptly upgraded to Marshmallow when I got it. The internal memory on this phone is terribly limited - when all the default apps update, I am left with maybe 1 GB out of 5 GB user-accessible memory, and new apps fail to install when less than 0.5 GB is left. I naturally put in a memory card, formatted it as internal storage and moved all the apps that I can (FB, Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat and a few others). That resolves the storage issue, but the apps on the SD card crash all the time. Every 2-3 hours, the phone announces that "Unfortunately, Messenger has stopped". After this point, none of the apps on the memory card can be started, and the only way to solve the problem is to restart the phone. It got to a point that I have to restart every 2-3 hours. To makes things worse, some apps reset their data after the crash - for example, I have to turn on chat heads after every restart in Messenger.

I'm quite sure the memory card is okay. It's not some shitty SD, but a Kingston Class 10. I reformatted it at one point and started the process again, but the issue still remains. I also replaced it with another memory card, but that doesn't solve it either.

Any ideas for a solution?

submitted by /u/MagicByNature
[link] [comments]

Android 6.0 bug?

Posted: 30 Aug 2016 12:37 PM PDT

I have bought a One plus 3 and it has been developing a bug lately. At times when I try to switch between apps, it tells me 'No applications are open.' but there actually are, simply that I cannot switch between them. Is anyone else experiencing this ? Or knows the cause/fix ?

The only way it temporarily fixed is by rebooting device but it eventually reappears after a few hours.

Device is not rooted.

submitted by /u/Gabriel057
[link] [comments]
Previous
Next Post »